[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

anyone here a surveyor?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 2

File: survey.jpg (8KB, 342x147px) Image search: [Google]
survey.jpg
8KB, 342x147px
i want to study surveying.. anyone here studying surveying? or know any good resources online?
i feel like it would be a career i enjoy, im thinking of contacting a surveying company soon? got any advice? i live in Australia if that helps.
>>
>>8606840
I'm in the same boat with you anon, well kinda. I wanna do something with engineering, geography and traveling.
I don't know how it is there but here you can become a survey tech right out of high school and pretty much work your way up to survey manager which is practically civil engineering (I think, that's what i've heard)
Have you taken any classes on Geomatics or any other survey related fields?
>>
>>8606860
I'm a geology major myself so we do work some in GIS and Geomatics. That would be my suggestion. We have an entire Geomatics department at my university. Surely a degree there would qualify someone for surveying.
>>
>>8606860
here you have to have atleast 2-3 yrs study to became a technician or a 4 year bachelor to be a surveyor plus i think 2yrs for license.. i think.

i have not taken any classes yet, but im planning on studying to became a tech in February.
>>
>>8606840

> he wants to larp as Lewis and Clark while wearing a high vis vest

lmaoing at Ur ""life""
>>
File: LOLATYOURLIFE_zpsfdd86388.png (189KB, 450x472px) Image search: [Google]
LOLATYOURLIFE_zpsfdd86388.png
189KB, 450x472px
>>8606890
how is your job?
what do you?
>>
>>8606873

Y'all are lucky you have Geomatics departments
America has very small Geomatic departments, mostly in California and I'm on the east coast
Keep up the work with Geomatics though, that is my absolute favorite subject in math due to the real world application of it.
>>8606875
To become a tech do you study at a school or intern at a company for a few years while training?
>>
>>8606913
to become a tech it is compulsory to go to college, some people get on the job training at a company i would imagine they can skip the "prac" side off tafe and get signed by the company.
>>
>>8606919
That's awesome, we have a shitty survey field here. Wishing it was stronger but I guess the market is bad or something (I don't know shit about economics)
I've already taught myself some geomatics stuff like stationing and other things so I have some experience with the math just no experience in the fieldwork, I'm hoping a company will take a liking to what I have done with math since I'm in college right now I can do an internship over the summer
Do your survey corps over there do a lot of traveling? Or is it mostly condensed into cities?
>>
>>8606901

Pure math 300k starting shit anywhere I want
>>
>>8606924
im living in Perth and there is alot of new highway lanes being built around the edge of the cbd, there is also alot of housing and property development stretched in pockets, surveying is a great career in aus because there is always work to do, there is a huge undersupply and i wan't to get in b4 others do lol
>>
Sick
I'm in a city of about 30,000 but county population is about 205,000
A lot of it is countryside and my city is growing a lot so there will be a million opportunities for new suburbs being built
Wish you luck on your endeavors hope it works out for ya mate
>>
>>8606971
thanks senpai
good luck with your career
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.