[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Can someone explain to me exactly why the Mean Value Theorem

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 2

File: eq0026P.gif (2KB, 422x117px) Image search: [Google]
eq0026P.gif
2KB, 422x117px
Can someone explain to me exactly why the Mean Value Theorem is important? I understand it's used in the proof of FTC and has a few other applications; but is that it?
>>
What sort of answer are you looking for?

You seem to know applications.
It's common for existence statements with simple condition to be relevant shortcuts. Like the fixed point theorems.
>>
>>8606672
>has a few other applications; but is that it?
I don't understand your point. What else do you want? Do you wish for it to keep your beer cold? Like seriously, what else do you expect from a theorem other than using it in proofs for other theorems or for direct application, what else could there possibly be?
>>
>>8606672
It means if you throw something at a wall, it will hit the wall.
>>
>>8606672
There is a point in the interval which has the same instantaneous rate of change as the average rate of change over the entire interval. Isn't that interesting in and of itself?
>>
File: attitude.png (114KB, 816x679px) Image search: [Google]
attitude.png
114KB, 816x679px
> [math] c\in{\mathbb R} [/math]

Well...it's interesting in that it's false.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Constructive_analysis#Examples
>>
>>8607294

lol, this

it's pretty much self-evident. draw a few graphs and you'll see
>>
>>8606672
It is the first theorem that really tells you you why derivatives are important. It relates the behaviour of a function to that of its derivative in a very straightforward way. It explains why functions with positive derivative are increasing, why functions with zero derivatives are constant and more generally allows you to get information about the variations of a function on an interval from the knowledge of its derivative and its values at the boundary.
Thread posts: 8
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.