[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

can you help me pls

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 2

File: math is hard.jpg (124KB, 1050x549px) Image search: [Google]
math is hard.jpg
124KB, 1050x549px
if i answer these questions i could win some free shit, but I'm horrible at math.

1. There are 9 red balls, 8 green balls and 7
blue balls in a box. How many balls do you have to pick up to ensure you have at least 1 ball of each color?

2. There are 10 questions on a test paper. They can be answered with either yes or no. How many test papers are needed so that at least 2 of them have the same combination of answers?

3. What is the volume of a triangular prism measuring 7cm long, 5cm wide and 10cm tall?
The raffle key is the answer of the 3 questions above added together.
>>
1. 18.
2. Ill-defined.
3. Google it.
>>
>>8605308
> can you help me pls
No.
>>
>>8605308
1) 16
2) (0.5^10)x2
3) 175cm3
>>
>>8605352
1. Wrong, I think. 9 red, 7 green.
2. Should be something like total combination plus 1. I don't know, the question is weird.
>>
>>8605308

Not even a thank you or response. Asshole. Leech.
>>
1. 9+8+1
2. 2^10 + 1
3. (1/2) * 10 * 5 * 7
>>
not op

can someone explain how to figure out the second question?
>>
>>8607574
>>8605308
>There are 10 questions on a test paper. They can be answered with either yes or no. How many test papers are needed so that at least 2 of them have the same combination of answers?

Two.
>>
>>8607603
I think the way you are interpreting the question the answer is three. All yes and all no are two possible sets that haven't got the same answers.
>>
>>8605308
1. In the worst case scenario you first pick the 9+8=17 balls. To ensure that you get all 3 colours you thus need 18
2. For every question there are two answers, so for 10 questions there are 2^10 combinations possible. If you have (2^10)+1=1025 tests, at least two of them will have the same answers.
3. 0.5*10*5*7=175 cm^3
>>
>>8607574
>>8607603
No, I think the question is asking about the worst case scenario. Even though it is pretty ill defined and I'm guessing.

let's say I have 2 questions instead of 10, all possible test papers are:

>1. Yes Yes
>2. Yes No
>3. No Yes
>4. No No

If you have 4 papers, you are not assured to have two identical ones, because they could be all different. But if you have 5, assuming all questions have been answered, it will have a repeated paper no matter what.
>>
I didn't know that triangle's area was invariant if given one side and it's height
but if it's right, total awnser should be (9+8+1)+(1024+1)+((5*7*10)/2) = 1218, unless there is some trick with the unit of the volume
>>
Good job /sci/, work out everything for OP, so he's kept being stupid.
>>
File: planet three.png (3MB, 1368x872px) Image search: [Google]
planet three.png
3MB, 1368x872px
>>8605308
Wow, my synesthesia is really fucking with me as I read the first answer. Nine is actually dark grey, eight is cerulean, and seven is yellow. None of this makes sense. Is it okay if I change the colours, or will you call the internet police?
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.