[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Do animals have other neurotransmitters than humans? Terence

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1

File: psilocybin.gif (4KB, 410x283px) Image search: [Google]
psilocybin.gif
4KB, 410x283px
Do animals have other neurotransmitters than humans?

Terence McKenna talks about how the neurotransmitter that is equivalent to serotonin in magic mushrooms is psilocybin. Does this mean that if we gave mushrooms serotonin they would "trip"?
>>
Grow up.
>>
>>8605302
Mushrooms have no brain.
>>
>>8605330
Topkek naive. why does that even matter, we're all directly connected to the greater consciousness. Ofc it will trip in some sense. They've proved plants have consciousness you know.
>>
>>8605476
>proven plants have conciousness
that is a wrong statement.
>connected to greater conciousness
you cant know. But even if we assume that: the mushroom would still need the receptors and neutons to react to serotonine, else it would just you know be there and do nothing.

>naive
i think youre either the biggest troll or retard or drunk and stoned at the same time.
>>
>>8605495
I think they do have them or how would they make serotonin? All life has it. The spirit molecule.

You gotta trip then you would see we are all really just the same and matter continuous with the universe. Imagination.
>>
>>8605507
The biological synthesis of Serotonin or Psilocin/Psilocybin/etc has nothing to do with whether or not they have receptors.

Stop trolling, even 420chan isn't this bad.
>>
>>8605548
this board consists out of trolls atm. is this a normal condition ?
even/b/ isnt trolling this hard.
>>
>>8605557
You need to drop some acid too.
>>
>>8605302
>Terence McKenna
Please leave
>>
Serotonin is conserved. Even insects have it. There are other neurotransmitters that are not conserved like peptide neurotransmitter.
But the sereotonin receptor can be different, so maybe psilocybin won't interact with the animal receptor.
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.