[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>not building a nuclear reactor. I shiggy diggy

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 40
Thread images: 6

File: IMG_20170115_125040.jpg (1MB, 2688x1512px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20170115_125040.jpg
1MB, 2688x1512px
>not building a nuclear reactor.

I shiggy diggy
>>
>drinking and building nuclear reactors.

Being smart doesn't mean shit when you're not being productive. Are you actually going to use it? No it's just to look cool. Fucking autistic retard.
>>
File: 1483854783761.png (811KB, 640x640px) Image search: [Google]
1483854783761.png
811KB, 640x640px
Go for it man. live the dream!

dont forget to post pics so I can enjoy it aswell
>>
File: wiseau.jpg (100KB, 640x359px) Image search: [Google]
wiseau.jpg
100KB, 640x359px
>>8604941
u jelly bro?
>>
>>8604934
Called greenpeace

Enjoy a bunch of hippies surrounding your house and yelling at you 24/7.

I hope your room is soundproof
>>
>>8604934
>building a reactor of a worthless tech to show off iqpeen

Yeah OP, You're posting on /sci/ you're probably smart enough to make a reactor. But you're too autistic to realize its a fucking waste of time. I looked into building one, 2k+$

What a fucking waste
>>
UHV flanges and some spheres?
>>
>>8604941
Being productive doesn't mean shit. You don't get rewarded for being "productive". You get rewarded for making money exchange hands faster and faster or to calculate when and how money switch hands.
>>
>>8604934
>believeing you can do fusion

>I shiggy Diggy
>>
File: mLPC4G.png (551KB, 964x912px) Image search: [Google]
mLPC4G.png
551KB, 964x912px
>>8604934
how do you make sure the government isn't going to know about your reactor?
>>
>>8607365
Research it through a proxy. Buy materials with cash and preferable second hand.
>>
>tfw you will never be allowed on an airplane again

Good going goy,
>>
>>8607365
The government doesn't care if you make a fusor. Kids do it for a science project. It's about as dangerous as a microwave oven.
>>
>>
File: shiny.jpg (4MB, 8797x2783px) Image search: [Google]
shiny.jpg
4MB, 8797x2783px
>>8604934
>>
>>8607456
This is blatently false and dangerously misleading.

Nuclear fusion emmits all sorts of ionizing radiation and neutrons. Uses high voltage, and can make you go blind.
>>
>>8607534
Niiice. What are you're neutron counts like? That a pretty small cross for fusion.

Also voltage and amperage?
>>
>>8604934

make sure you test it with a screw driver
>>
>>8607544
I never got to doing actual fusion. Couldn't get my hands on deuterium. The power supply is 30kV 32mA.
>>
>>8607547
Ah damn. I've heard its not too hard as long as you can write some paperwork. Not even close to having my fusor working yet though

If you dont want that spellman anymore, I'll buy it from you. My current powersupply is a voltaic with an xray transformer. Feels bad man.
>>
>>8607547
Also that high kv feedthrough. Will buy
>>
>>8607540
well don't fucking LOOK at it you fucking moron... jesus fucking christ, you really have to hold peoples hands today. 'hurrr lets look at the fusion reaction'. holy shit.
>>
>>8607555
>Ah damn. I've heard its not too hard as long as you can write some paperwork.

I was 17 and no company I emailed would sell it to me.

>Ah damn. I've heard its not too hard as long as you can write some paperwork.

Everything in the rack has since been sold, I only still have the main chamber.

>>8607557
Would prefer to keep the chamber together. It looks cool to have around.
>>
>>8607569
Damn,

Any idea where to get either of them for a reasonable price? The high voltage feedthrough seems impossible to find used.
>>
>>8607540
>Nuclear fusion emmits all sorts of ionizing radiation and neutrons.
Negligible amounts from the kind of fusor you can make at home and the length of time you're likely to be running it. Cosmic rays also emit ionizing radiation. So do nuclear decay events in the soil and in your own body.

>Uses high voltage, and can make you go blind.
See: >>It's about as dangerous as a microwave oven.
>>
>>8607572
I found the power supply on ebay after checking every day for like 3 months. The feedthrough I bought new, don't remember on which site.
>>
>>8607582
you dont know what you're talking about
>>
>>8607456
BenNBuilds? Faggot
>>
>>8607597
Okay then, educate me. Tell me about all of the home-built fusor-related deaths, particularly the ones resulting from ionizing radiation or neutrons.
>>
>>8607607
Well, people who make fusors are smart enough not to get killed. Its not exactly somthing a retard can build.
>>
Don't know shit about physics but this guy made one and he says

>I'd be more worried about high energy neutrons though. Not to mention all the x-rays or uv rays plasma puts out.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O5_WvmQiqz0

Are you sure the radiation is as negligible as you say?
>>
>>8607653
Note that in the first few seconds he shows a kid posing about two feet way from a running, obviously unshielded fusor.
>>
>>8607657
A demo fusor == nuclear fusion

Please do some reading
>>
>>8607657
that's a demonstrator you retard it doesn't do fusion
>>
>>8607662
>>8607663
Bullshit.
>>
>>8607667
oh god you are stupid, are you op?
>>
>>8607671
Nothing this guy: >>8607653
has set up would significantly reduce the flux of fusion neutrons.

The x-ray dose is a small concern.

UV is probably the most worrisome thing, but is blocked by ordinary glass.

You're not going to want to run it for long periods while sitting right next to it with no shielding, but what you innumerate dumb cunts need to learn is that the dose makes the poison, and fusors are both low-power and incredibly inefficient. They're typically under 100 watts power input, and way under 1 watt of fusion. Much of the energy is lost in the conversion to high voltage.
>>
>>8607671
>>8607662
I'm OP and thats OP
>>
>>8606420
You could use it to have electricity and stop paying your electric bill, i don't live in america so not sure if that's how it works there.
>>
>>8607515
Hey, that's the guy who built a nuclear reactor in his backyard and he eventually got cancer like in the pic, he also made a video showing how he built his reactor:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i0TlECFbjvM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ee11S9jBesI
Thread posts: 40
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.