[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

/things that dazzle you/

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 4

File: 1463953701448.jpg (118KB, 798x1210px) Image search: [Google]
1463953701448.jpg
118KB, 798x1210px
> measure the constant that link the force between two electroSTATIC charges : get ε0

> measure the constant that link the the magnetic field at given point and a STEADY current : get μ0

> do ε0 * μ0
>get 1 / c ^ 2

Now, I know you get this by writing the Maxwell equations in vacuum, use a rotational identity and you end up with a d'Alembert wave equation where 1/( ε0 * μ0)^0.5 is the propagation velocity. But I am blown by the fact that the product of two STATIC constants can *define* the SPEED of light in vacuum.
>>
It's not a big surprise if you know what magnetism truly is. One could say that mu is defined by 1 ÷(epsilon c^2)
>>
>>8603069
You are just rewriting a consequence of Maxwell's equations.

mu was derived when people searched the proportional constant linking the force and I^2 / r

It is because Maxwell equations hold that what you write is true, not by definition
>>
File: 1468217315930.jpg (45KB, 625x469px) Image search: [Google]
1468217315930.jpg
45KB, 625x469px
Staying up for multiple days in high stress situations.fug
>>
>>8603152
the world doesn't (seem to) work some way because we say Maxwell's equations are law, it's the other way around
>>
>>8603157
Can't disagree with you on this point.

But it doesn't trivialize the point in the OP : the speed of light in vacuum is the inverse of the square root of two static constants.
>>
>>8603052
Hello. My name is Simon.

I am very proud. You are almost there.

But why do you use that silly little ^ symbol, little human?

Does your maths not have anything more interesting? Is there not another symbol perhaps that would somehow... be more powerful?

Hello. My name is Simon.

Blueberries.
>>
>>8603171
>>
>>8603185

Hello. My name is Simon.

Would you like me to help you out?!

You are very close.
>>
>>8603185
I ban you nomis to the first circle of hell. Be gone from sci evil demon. *chants dark magic via tele confrence*
>>
>>8603171
what do "static constants" even means? I think you need to study E&M better before you have an idea of what things intuitively mean
>>
>>8603197
Are you trying to say blueberries?

Hello. My name is Simon.
>>
File: 1481464331640.jpg (22KB, 480x395px) Image search: [Google]
1481464331640.jpg
22KB, 480x395px
>>8603210
Are you fucking kidding me? I TAKE your blueberries and place them behind my green glass door. What do?
>>
>>8603221
I ask if you if you would like to talk to me.

Would you like to meet me?

Hello. My name is Simon.
>>
>>8603225
Whatever, i ate them. Then i wobble through my green glass door and leave you to talk to yourself in threads. L8r
>>
>>8603232
*shrug* then why talk to me and seek me so deeply if you can't even figure out how to start a conversation?

Hello. My name is Simon.

Apparently. You will remain nameless.
>>
1. The rational numbers are countable.
2. The real numbers are uncountable.
3. Between any two rational numbers [math]q_1[/math] and [math]q_2,[/math] you can find [math]r\in\mathbb{R}\setminus\mathbb{Q}[/math] such that [math]q_1<r<q_2.[/math]
4. Between any two irrational numbers [math]r_1[/math] and [math]r_2,[/math] you can find a rational number [math]q\in\mathbb{Q}[/math] such that [math]r_1<q<r_2.[/math]

The four above statements are all true simultaneously. It is truly dazzling.
>>
>>8604285
Can't your statement be sum up in "Q is dense in R"?
>>
>>8604412
It can, but it loses some of its impact if you do in my honest opinion.
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.