[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

/sci/ fuck ups

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 2

yeah so I almost killed myself with chlorine gas today someone hit me up with good stories to make me feel better
>>
>>8596353
how do you fuck up that badly?

A guy in my year had a super shit habit of smelling beakers to work out if it was water or something else. One time it was c. sulphuric and he took a big whiff of it. He nearly passed out then and there, ran out to the toilet and threw up. He's done something similar with ammonia. He graduated top 5 in my year and is now doing a phd though because he's a tryhard "liveathome" type who has no social life.
>>
>>8596371
literally was helping my parents with their pool, wasn't even thinking while mixing pool chemicals till it started bubbling and I caught a wiff of chlorine. Thank fuck I ran out of there quick till the reaction was done.
>>
Working in a chem lab one summer and I cracked the seal on an ammonia bottle, it took my breathe away and I nearly dropped the entire thing on the floor.

Took a bunch of volts through my hand when testing ESR on some capacitors.
>>
>>8596371
>that level of autism
>>
the only time my lab coat was really useful was when i was and undergrad student and made fun of a phd student, whom i was good friends with.
he chased me around the lab for ten minutes with a spray bottle of water.
>>
>>8596353

>Taking chem for physicists
>Cool reaction where some shit-potassium-chloride-thingy and iron-hexa-turbo-mongoloid mix changes color
>I wanna see better what's going on
>Put head just above the container
>Coughing and tearing up for one hour

Great times
>>
If it helps OP, the levels at which chlorine gas causes physical distress are conveniently quite a lot lower than the levels that actually start harming you.
>>
>>8596373
>Almost killed myself
Yeah, no.
>>
>General Biology Lab
>Dropped fungus culture on my shoes
>Just rubbed it off and said whatever
>Lost two toenails a few weeks later before connecting the pieces
I'm surprised I haven't spilled any other biological agents yet
>>
>>8596371
>tryhard
I think the word you're looking for is "successful"
>>
File: 955366.jpg (132KB, 531x531px) Image search: [Google]
955366.jpg
132KB, 531x531px
>>8596353

My friend almost needed a liver transplant after mig welding next to some brake cleaner - he accidently created phosgene gas - increadibly nasty stuff.

Here is an article about a dude who did the same thing. Fucking Phosgene.

http://www.brewracingframes.com/safety-alert-brake-cleaner--phosgene-gas.html
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.