[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

If wormhole theoretially allow time travel

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2

File: Wurmloch.jpg (161KB, 1024x768px) Image search: [Google]
Wurmloch.jpg
161KB, 1024x768px
Back to a point no earlier than the creation of the wormhole, could humanity abuse this time to buy itself more time while figuring out how to reverse entropy or escape to another universe?
>>
wormholes don't exist man, they might exist in theory
>>
>>8595662
One thing I can guarantee: No one on this board knows. Period.
>>
>>8595662
No. There is no consistent theory in physics that allows for time travel back in time.
>>
>>8595666
I would be inclined to believe you, except you're Satan.
>>
>>8595716
It's on the same level as string theory. Nobody but people who calculate something in it understand or even care about it.
For majority of people it's all a waste of time and not physics.
>>
>>8595730
A wormhole can be time-locked, though. And by can, I mean in theory of course.

Setting up one end of a traversible wormhole at point X time Z1 and the other at Y Z2 should allow you go to back in time if you enter on side Y and exit on side X

But you will never be able to go any earlier in time than when point X was activated.
>>
I'd more inclined to believe that wormholes act like amber does for fossils, and preserves the state of your matter in a fixed point while the rest of space time continues to change around you as it does outside of the wormhole. Aka, it only shoots you into the future, not into the past.
>>
File: IMG-20160503-WA0002.jpg (33KB, 657x527px) Image search: [Google]
IMG-20160503-WA0002.jpg
33KB, 657x527px
>>8595762
Please, share your knowledge, even in mathematical functions.
>>
>>8595762
>It's on the same level as string theory.

No it isn't. String Theory is a self-consistent theory of physics. No theories of time travel are.
>>
>>8595769
this probably wouldn't work
sending objects back in time fucks with entropy
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.