[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Immortality

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 3

File: telomeres.jpg (658KB, 1200x900px) Image search: [Google]
telomeres.jpg
658KB, 1200x900px
How does a person actually become immortal, and what is the best someone can do now to extend your life long enough to achieve revolutionary technologies (OTHER THAN diet and exercise, because everyone already knows that and it doesn't actually extend life, just prevents you from dying early)?

Also, let's dispatch with the "hurr upload mind into robot" shit too. This isn't about that. Nor will it be considered. Go play p zombie elsewhere.
>>
>How does a person actually become immortal
The most likely avenue, to me, involves the ability to regrow human bodies and minds from scratch, with the brain contents of an earlier stored copy; an ability to create these copies, with a nondestructive brain scan of some sort; and regular backups.

>and what is the best someone can do now to extend your life long enough to achieve revolutionary technologies
Cryonics, I'd think.

>Also, let's dispatch with the "hurr upload mind into robot" shit too.
Why? Is there a real difference between improving your body in conservative ways, and just replacing it with an all-round better-engineered thing?
>>
>>8595181
>with the brain contents of an earlier stored copy
Ah, I see you're retarded, yet clever. You decided to avoid the "upload muh brain into a robit" argument by simply going with "upload muh brain into a clone". A for effort, F for IQ.

>and just replacing it with an all-round better-engineered thing?
You mean with someone else? Yeah, it's called reproducing. That's not immortality.
>>
>>8595186
Oh, I'm sorry. I mistook this for a thread where OP might be interested in actually discussing possibilities. But it turns out to be just another thread to bait for, and then shit on, ideas that OP doesn't like.

I wish your shitposting thread the best of luck, OP.
>>
>>8595168
Cryonics, mostly.

Also, supposedly consuming small amounts of heavy water slows aging, but consuming too much just shuts your metabolism down entirely.
>>
>>8595207
>Oh, I'm sorry. I mistook this for a thread where OP might be interested in actually discussing possibilities.
Your mistake was believing I was as stupid as you are and thought replacing myself was the same as being immortal. An easy mistake for an idiot to make.

>>8595232
>heavy water slows aging
Never heard that one before. Evidence?
>>
>>8595168
>>8595186
>>8595342
OP clearly has Asperger's and not that meme kind of Asperger's everyone on /sci/ says that they have.
>>
>>8595342
Heavy water is toxic in large quantity's
>>
File: 1464734481540.png (34KB, 769x733px) Image search: [Google]
1464734481540.png
34KB, 769x733px
>>8595352
>Hurr why can't you accept that making a word file is the same as living forever? HURRR.

>>8595358
I mean the evidence that it can extend life. That's a new one for me.
>>
>>8595367
>Numbnuts: The Rise of Autismo
That's what this thread would be titled if it was a shitty Michael Bay film.
>>
>>8595375
You're wrong, but you're also stupid, so the argument you have is name-calling. If you can't grasp why two identical objects are not the same object, then there's no hope for subhumans as mentally dysfunctional as yourself.
>>
File: nothing_personal.jpg (35KB, 480x458px) Image search: [Google]
nothing_personal.jpg
35KB, 480x458px
>>8595394
>If you can't grasp my AWESOME INTELLECT, I MIGHT HAVE TO WASTE 10% OF MY POWER LEVEL ON YOU, NORMIE! REEEEEEEEE!
t. Autismo powering up.
<----- Picture is Autismo after having made his deftly blows:
>>8595186
>>8595342
>>8595367
>>8595394
>>
>>8595168
>How does a person actually become immortal
Find a way to put your consiousness into something not made of cells.
>>
>>8595168
Genetically modified humans could cease physically aging after their early 20s but current humans becoming immortal is a big fat lol no.
>>
>>8595342
Only known chemical to lengthen circadian oscillations. It slows all cellular division within any living thing (But too much causes sterility and death by cytotoxic poisoning)

It's like, in broscience terms, the anti-DNP
>>
>>8595168
True, nutritional food does not extend life: IT IS LIFE.
Extended <> Not dying early? You are illogical.
I think if you're going to find something magical beyond the nutrition your body needs, lots of magic seeds out there for you to buy into.
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.