[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Redpill me on vaccines. Pic related, VACC'd

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 105
Thread images: 25

File: image.jpg (696KB, 1242x1865px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
696KB, 1242x1865px
Redpill me on vaccines.

Pic related, VACC'd
>>
>>8594749
Obviously fake. And obviously not written by a woman. Sounds like it was written by a teenage or college age boy with a poor High School level education, mild Aspergers, and anger issues.
>>
>>8595606
Could be fake but it explains the reason everyone should be vaccinated.

The only reason not to be vaccinated is an allergy to the vaccine.

>>8594749
The redpill is that vaccines are good for you and those around you.
>>
>>8595619
Unfortunately 'the reason everyone should be vaccinated' does not exist on its own in a vacuum. There is also 'the reason why not everyone should be vaccinated /or with not all vaccines'.
>>
>>8596442
Do you want to explain an anti-vaccine stance or just jerk yourself off?
>>
True, her baby was too young for the measles vaccine. Also, measles encephalitis is fucking rare. I'm sorry to say, but her luck was just unfortunate.

>redpill me on vaccines

Not getting them is retarded. It's the most significant breakthrough humans have made in regards to our adaptive immune system.
>>
>anti-vaccine

You /pol/ faggots just keep getting more and more retarded.
>>
>>8594749
http://journals.sagepub.com/doi/abs/10.1177/0960327111407644
>Using linear regression, the immunization schedules of these 34 nations were examined and a correlation coefficient of r = 0.70 (p < 0.0001) was found between Infant Mortality Rates and the number of vaccine doses routinely given to infants.
>>
>>8596548
>linear regression across countries with no controls for any confounding factors, even absolutely basic ones
I'd give an undergrad in an intro statistics course a C for turning this in as a project.
>>
>>8594749
Is this has /pol/ has come to? Anti-vax, the lowest of the low? Just to justify the emperor's picks?

What happened to calling people out when they do something stupid instead of rationalizing everything?
>>
>>8596587
Try reading the report. Also nice roleplaying on a Japanese imageboard.
>>
>>8594749
autoimmune diseases
>>
File: chaircat.jpg (31KB, 436x436px) Image search: [Google]
chaircat.jpg
31KB, 436x436px
>>8596614
I read the report and I'm inclined to agree with >>8596587
no attempt to account for confounding factors, no proposal of any mechanism beyond nebulous handwaving.

also, the cause of infant death was not even addressed. if countries that administer lots of vaccines saw an increase in infant death related to inflammation or something, the authors would have a point. but if the higher infant death rates come from a combination of unrelated causes (pneumonia, opportunistic infections, suffocation, congenital defects) that differs across countries with similar vaccination schedules, that's strong evidence that the observed trend is merely noise.
without looking into cause of death (for which statistics are readily available in a lot of countries) their analysis is incomplete and misleading.
>>
>>8596660
The report clearly proposed SIDS as a possible mechanism.
>>
>>8594749
vaccines are by themselves very good, destoying possibilities of gettin new diseases. the problem is the preservatives. the preservatives cause cancer, destroy neurons and a lot of different shit. but it is economically viable to they do it.
>>
File: Burn.jpg (19KB, 500x375px) Image search: [Google]
Burn.jpg
19KB, 500x375px
>>8596732
SIDS is the medical equivalent of a wastebasket taxon; all it means is that an infant died while sleeping and that respiratory distress of some sort seemed to be involved.

and the attempts to find a correlation between SIDS and vaccines are statistical hokum.
>Prior to contemporary vaccination programs, ‘Crib death’ was so infrequent that it was not mentioned in infant mortality statistics....For the first time in history, most US infants were required to receive several doses of DPT, polio, measles, mumps, and rubella vaccines. Shortly thereafter, in 1969, medical certifiers presented a new medical term—sudden infant death syndrome.
No citation for the rarity of 'crib death', no addressing of changes in diagnosis. about as meaningful as the correlation between vaccination rates and autism rates, and for the same reason.

>two-thirds of babies who had died from SIDS had been vaccinated against DPT (diphtheria–pertussis–tetanus toxoid) prior to death.
and what about children of the same age who lived? no mention is made of whether there was a significant difference in vaccination rate between infants who died of SIDS vs. died of other causes vs. lived.
>unvaccinated babies who died of SIDS did so most often in the fall or winter while vaccinated babies died most often at 2 and 4 months—the same ages when initial doses of DPT were given to infants.
aaand because birth rates are highest in summer and fall, infants will be disproportionately likely to be 2-4 months of age in fall and winter.
not to mention, the paper from which all these correlations were taken used only 29 individual case studies and made no attempt to control for confounding factors.
>https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC1647245/pdf/amjph00259-0017.pdf
>>
>infant's immune system too weak to fend off disease
>natural selection runs its course
>she's upset

literally culled the weak from the herd, how is this bad?
>>
>>8596788

Is statistics in medicine really this shitty?
>>
www.politico.com/story/2017/01/robert-kennedy-jr-vaccines-trump-233547
>Kennedy, who's pushed the widely discredited link between vaccines and autism for years, announced the commission Tuesday after a meeting at Trump Tower. Several hours later, however, the Trump team appeared to walk back the idea, releasing a statement that said Trump had not made a decision on whether to establish an “autism” commission.

You heard it folks, time to go back when 1 out of 10 children died before they turned five.
>>
>>8596446
No, I'm quite happy just playing with myself. If you want to hear anti-vaccine arguments, and you've not really convinced me that you do, there are plenty of sources online. Google is your friend.
>>
>>8596614
I did read it. I read it because I was hoping the analysis they performed was more sophisticated than what they described in the abstract. I was disappointed to find that it was not.

Leaving aside the issue of interpretation of the data, which >>8596788 already excellently covered, the analysis they performed is so trivial I'm surprised any journal accepted it.

The strongest thing that paper demonstrated was that the authors are capable of using R to run the simplest case of linear regression. If I had their data tables in front of me, I think it would take five, maybe ten minutes tops, to recreate their analysis from scratch, and I'm including the time it would take me to refresh myself on the documentation for the lm() function.

What they did is the barebones, rockbottom starting point of an analysis. It's the analysis you perform when you're not sure whether your data is worth a shit at all and want to see if it's worth wasting your time on it.

You don't publish what they did. You generate a few graphs, you look at them, show them to your advisor, and then you dig in and spend a few weeks testing out a large number of statistical modeling approaches to see how you can make sense of the data. You gather as much secondary information as you can to account for confounding variables. You do model comparison/selection procedures to find the best model that explains your output data. And even THEN you probably can't publish it yet, because nowadays you usually need a biologist on the paper and at least a few experiments to demonstrate that your proposed mechanism isn't a statistical fluke.

It's garbage before you even start to consider whether the biological mechanism is sensible.
>>
>>8596485
And this incredible breakthrough while 2/3 of the world is FAT eating sugar, salt and fat in vast quantities. Eating nutritiously to feed our immune system would be a significant change: Drugging people is just more drugs by CEO liars and you people who mindlessly trust them or as if you have any learning worth talking about..
>>
>>8596621
This. The adjuvants and maybe even the viruses could really fuck your immune system up. They should really source them out.
>>
>>8597474
Space* them out
>>
File: 1484024111759.jpg (33KB, 540x540px) Image search: [Google]
1484024111759.jpg
33KB, 540x540px
>>8597458

>he still believes that sugar is bad for you

this is 2007-tier
>>
What's with normalfags always trying to find some easy cause for something bad that happened to them?
>>
>>8597458
>tfw getting tuberculosis and polio because you ate that snickers bar
>>
File: experience tranquility.gif (1MB, 230x216px) Image search: [Google]
experience tranquility.gif
1MB, 230x216px
>>8596811
medicine has its statistical limitations (mostly arising from the fact that ethical considerations preclude a lot of human experimentation, meaning that you frequently have small sample sizes with no controls). good researchers, however, are aware of this and are honest about what does and doesn't have robust statistical support.

all fields have hand-wavers who treat all observed trends as real and don't consider reasons that spurious correlations might arise.
>>
>>8597202
Good. 7 billion people is far too many
>>
>>8597202
I'd honestly just pay for private vaccines and watch while anti-vaxxers kids die.
>>
>>8595619
The actual truth is that some vaccines are useful but most are shitty consumer products which do not help you or your immune system
>>
>>8597861
The vaccine isn't to protect you or your kid specifically. It's to give herd immunity for the old, young and allergic. By choosing not to vaccinate, people are placing others at risk
>>
>>8594749
vaccines are little ufos and cause testicle cancer vagina cancer and breast cancer

and a whole lot of birth defects

vaccines are DNA mutagens, mercury is also a toxic heavy metal (and DNA mutagen)

you also now have 12-40 x2 grandpas that werent related to you -> the virii were scraped from humans == their dna, also in more than 1 vacc some CDC asshole added his own DNA to them to make (in some vaxx), more DNA mutagen

vaccines are little UFOs, how that works is someones food escaped their stomach in the 1900s, and then tried to kill them (flu/ghonarea/whatever), then was scraped and selected as vaccine because it was a more mild-strain of mutant alien pirate warriors (less lethal). vaccines come from a sick planet (green sun) that went through an partial acid wash, the people and ayys were mutated by the stomach. (brocolli for example, is basically dinosaurs), further mutating your DNA

since vaccination started prison rates and mental illness shot up 400%
abortion up 400%

graphs here:
https://warosu.org/sci/thread/S8575247
https://warosu.org/sci/thread/S8115006
>>
>>8598523
also check out my large forehead thread here
>>8598445
>>
autism injections.
>>
>>8598523
Vaccines don't fly, so they cannot be UFOs.
>>
>"My body, my choice! (except for vaccinations and male circumcision, those are mandatory stupid boys)
Women.

Anyways, it's not the vaccines that are the problem. It's the SSRI medication used to treat depression in pregnant women (coincidentally also a high number of spree shooters in the US) that is related to autism. John Hopkins found the connection and the Pharma jews silenced it.
http://www.jhsph.edu/news/news-releases/2014/johns-hopkins-bloomberg-school-of-public-health-researchers-find-association-between-ssri-use-during-pregnancy-and-autism-and-developmental-delays-in-boys.html
>>
>>8598860

this seems plausible, given the serotonin abnormalities that invariably occur in autistic people. SSRI's are also a huge market. vaccines aren't off the hook though
>>
File: ILLUMINATI.jpg (52KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
ILLUMINATI.jpg
52KB, 500x500px
>>8598860
the problem is, it seems like maternal SSRI use might not be the issue so much as maternal depression is. a 2016 meta-analysis found that there's no statistical difference in filial autism rate among mothers who took SSRIs while pregnant and those who took other anti-depressants while pregnant. additionally, they found that if you restrict the sample to mothers with psychiatric disorders, the correlation between SSRI use and filial autism disappears entirely.
in summary, this analysis suggests that rather than maternal SSRI use causing filial autism, they share a common cause (maternal depression).
>http://www.sciencedirect.com/science/article/pii/S0890623816303033
>>
File: Glove_Box_2100 Series.jpg (30KB, 600x450px) Image search: [Google]
Glove_Box_2100 Series.jpg
30KB, 600x450px
>>8598810
oh?
then why is all serious viral stuff done in air tight enclosures

you are in a containment board
wake up neo

the matrix is all around
>>
File: shrug.jpg (52KB, 400x266px) Image search: [Google]
shrug.jpg
52KB, 400x266px
>>8597458
>namefag is retarded
>>
>>8598523
The plural of virus is viruses
>>
File: 1464976339680.png (211KB, 420x420px) Image search: [Google]
1464976339680.png
211KB, 420x420px
>>8600786
>>
>>8600786
>being carried on an air current or splashed in a droplet
is not the same as
>can fly
>>
File: vaccines.jpg (2MB, 540x9367px) Image search: [Google]
vaccines.jpg
2MB, 540x9367px
here ya go
>>
>>8601602
Wow, everything is perfect and beautiful. Now I don't have to wonder about all those parents who report seeing their previously healthy infant have the MMR and begin to develop gut problems, fever and become withdrawn, uncommunicative, and autistic, within an average of days. No-one has demonstrated that this repeating occurence can be explained by chance. The stories are consistent, well-described, and absolutely heartbreaking. Talk to one of these parents and tell them that they lost their child to autism within 6 days of the MMR but there is no link.

And Andrew Wakefield wasn't anti-vaccine. He was anti the MMR vaccine and wanted to see measles vaccine given as a single vaccine.

This isn't over, and one day the mechanisms will be more clearly understood. I don't believe anyone is anti all vaccines. The term 'anti-vaxx' has become a meaningless derogatory catch-all, designed to deflect attention from the actual isses. Who is against polio or diptheria vaccines in affected areas, or vaccines for tropical diseases; but for the first world, most vaccines are unnecessary. The drugs companies make billions from vaccines, which is why they could not allow the MMR to be challenged in case the rest of their cash cow was investigated too closely.
>>
>>8601936
should be within an average of *6* days.

And actual *issues*
>>
>>8601936
>muh personal narrative
the plural of "anecdote" is not "evidence".
and while we're at it, let's hear from the parents whose young or immunocompromised children contracted measles from an unvaccinated schoolmate and died of a disease that we have the power to eradicate wholesale.
>>
>>8602084
>the plural of "anecdote" is not "evidence".
You must be really pleased with that one. Unless you didn't think of it yourself. It doesn't change the importance of listening to anecdotal evidence. It is evidence. You want to talk semantics, or stop suffering? Obviously you're going to say the latter, but you aren't going to get to the truth by ignoring people's experiences.

>and while we're at it, let's hear from the parents whose young or immunocompromised children contracted measles from an unvaccinated schoolmate

"Immunocompromised"? Why would they not be vaccinated? And why, given the concerns around the MMR, would they not be vaccinated with a single measles vaccine?

Thank you anon, this illustrates exactly what I was saying earlier. As soon as someone raises a concern about a vaccine, in this case MMR, someone else decides that person is "anti-vaxx" and that is the end of taking them seriously or having a serious conversation with them. Nice one anon, the drugs companies are proud of you.
>>
If vaccines don't cause autism then explain this poster>>8601936

checkmate anti anti-vaxx.
>>
File: teen.jpg (91KB, 634x460px) Image search: [Google]
teen.jpg
91KB, 634x460px
>>8602194
>>
Why aren't venom vaccines possible? Why doesn't your body remember venom like it remembers measles?

Is it too fast?
>>
>>8602264
"It is quite possible to immunize a person directly with small and graded doses of venom rather than an animal. According to Greek history, King Mithridates did this in order to protect himself against attempts of poisoning, therefore this procedure is often called mithridatization. However, unlike a vaccination against disease which must only produce a latent immunity that can be roused in case of infection, to neutralize a sudden and large dose of venom requires maintaining a high level of circulating antibody (a hyperimmunized state), through repeated venom injections (typically every 21 days). The long-term health effects of this process have not been studied. Further, cytotoxic venom components can cause pain and scarring at the immunization site. Finally, the resistance is specific to the particular venom used; maintaining resistance to a variety of venoms requires multiple monthly venom injections. "

Wikipedia
>>
>>8602445
Interesting, I've heard of so-called "self-immunizers" that inject themselves with venom frequently. I still don't get why your body can "store" antibodies for viruses and shit but not for venom, instead we have to inject ourselves with antibodies made from horse blood.
>>
>>8602465
Just spitballing here, but bacteria and viruses need an acceptable environment or intact host cells to replicate. This leads to complexity and enough host cell machinery left intact to evolve a response (the immune system).

Venoms are molecules that evolve specifically to fuck you up in some way. They're simpler, no need to replicate, more "scorched earth", so stopping them means your body either has to defend against a single molecule (leading to collateral chemical damage) or hardens against whatever damage the enzyme wrecks.
>>
File: the mark.jpg (36KB, 600x450px) Image search: [Google]
the mark.jpg
36KB, 600x450px
Is anyone here marked by the vaccines?
>>
>>8602264
Because it`s easier to immunise a horse and use it`s antibodies as a serum.
>>
>>8602142
>Unless you didn't think of it yourself.
no shit. never heard the expression before?
>It doesn't change the importance of listening to anecdotal evidence. It is evidence.
that mindset is why a bunch of ignorant-ass people think the murder rate is worse now than it was 20 years ago in the US.

>"Immunocompromised"? Why would they not be vaccinated? And why, given the concerns around the MMR, would they not be vaccinated with a single measles vaccine?
some people have medical conditions where their immune system doesn't work properly. either vaccines are ineffective (immune system is too weak for immunity to be reliable) or they're dangerous (immune system initiates massive inflammatory response in reaction to vaccine). and then there's infants, whose immune systems are still coming up to speed, leaving them vulnerable in the mean time. coincidentally, those who can't be vaccinated are also those who are most vulnerable to infection if they do get exposed.
it is THOSE people that must be protected by herd immunity, since vaccines can't be administered to them directly.
>>
File: back-to-pol.jpg (35KB, 490x290px) Image search: [Google]
back-to-pol.jpg
35KB, 490x290px
>>8594749
>Redpill me
gtfo pill-popping /pol/esmoker
>>
>>8602264
They are possible but it's not remotely profitable. Snake bites are extremely rare, less than 10,000 cases per year in the US and you can count how many die each year on your hands. Immunizing yourself is extremely risky and complications would occur far too frequently on adults let alone children and the elderly(who are typically most at risk anyway). Even if you manage to make one getting it FDA approved would be a nightmare.
>>
>>8602849
>look mom I did it again
>>
>>8601936
Just a lot of parents trying not to feel bad that they literally sucked so bad they gave their kid autism.
>>
>>8601936
>but for the first world, most vaccines are unnecessary
Uh, what is travel?
Oh, right, I forgot you retards are gonna wall yourselves in, literally and figuratively.
>>
>>8603000
If only, then we couldn't have to worry about them killing people.
>>
>>8596808
>connection between kin developed to increase chances of survival
>tard on the internet "doesn't realize" why this is emotionally relevant
>>
>>8602839
>no shit. never heard the expression before?
Never heard the expression 'sardonic' before?

>murder rate
Your attempt to change the subject doesn't change the fact that anecdote is a form of evidence, if you want to talk philosophy. And but for anecdote, there would be nothing to experiment on, nothing to wonder about.

Why are you replying as if I'm anti-vaccines? The only things I have suggested so far are that 1) there are doubts around the safety of the triple MMR and that 2) single measles vaccines are available. You just proved my previous point again, despite having it spelled out for you already, that as soon as someone questions anything around vaccines, they are immediately labelled 'anti-vaxx'. Which I'm not. What are you, a drug company shill?
>>
>>8604748
>anecdote is a form of evidence
and if you take anecdotal evidence seriously, you'll live your life in fear of sharks and lightning. the whole point I've been making is that, while anecdotes can demonstrate the EXISTENCE of something, they are useless at best and misleading at worst when what you're interested in is LIKELIHOOD or FREQUENCY.
>but for anecdote, there would be nothing to experiment on, nothing to wonder about
yes. anecdotes are what inspire people to do research and collect ACTUAL evidence.

I never accused you of being an anti-vaxxer. but when you ask why immunocompromised people would be vulnerable, or why some people might not be able to receive vaccinations...it demonstrates that you're ignorant of very basic immunology.

and when you start """raising questions""" about the safety of a vaccine that literally SAVES THE LIVES OF CHILDREN because you heard some lady on the internet talk about how her kid fell ill after getting a shot, ABSENT ANY ACTUAL EVIDENCE ON THE ISSUE...and when you start trying to rehabilitate Wakefield's reputation...and accusing drug companies of using vaccination as a money-making scam (oddly enough, routine vaccines are some of the least profitable prescription drugs out there)...
if it walks like a duck and it quacks like a duck...
>>
>>8601936
>No-one has demonstrated that this repeating occurence can be explained by chance
I think you meant to say
>No-one has demonstrated that this repeating occurence
>>
>>8601936
>Talk to one of these parents and tell them that they lost their child to autism within 6 days of the MMR but there is no link.
Yeah, and tell the Salem villagers that those young women they murdered weren't witches.
Being wrong at the top of your voice doesn't make you less wrong.
>>
>>8604923
this.
>>
>>8604828
Yeah, because God forbid anyone should ask questions, hey? Take what you're fed, don't make a fuss, and forget that there are unanswered questions. Because there are.
>>
File: Ainsley.jpg (204KB, 780x1093px) Image search: [Google]
Ainsley.jpg
204KB, 780x1093px
>>8605620
I put """raising questions""" in the same quotes merited by people who """raise questions""" about the shape of the Earth, or who """raise questions""" about the age of the universe, or who """raise questions""" about the cause of AIDS.
There are unanswered questions, but "do vaccines cause autism" isn't one of them. You're denying the ENORMOUS body of evidence we have showing vaccines to be safe by breathlessly spouting innuendo and claiming that we can just never be sure.

You're also showcasing your ignorance. You were apparently unaware that some people cannot be vaccinated due to issues with their immune systems (not the sign of someone who's done their research), you made yourself a Wakefield apologist, and you invoked $pharmaceutical profits$ for your unsupported claim of a nebulous vaccine conspiracy. (Apparently you never heard that it costs 10x as much to treat the illness as to vaccinate.)
>https://www.theatlantic.com/business/archive/2015/02/vaccines-are-profitable-so-what/385214/

>Take what you're fed, don't make a fuss, and forget that there are unanswered questions. Because there are.
Glad to see you're owning your crankhood. You can go sit with the creationists and the moon landing conspiracy theorists and the 9/11 truthers and the Infowars kiddies. Because when you eschew the facts and instead promulgate conspiracy theories without a shred of evidence to support them, that's who you are; you cannot be convinced otherwise, for any evidence that conflicts with your uhpinyunz was simply faked by TEH JEWLUMINATI.
>>
>>8605620
>How dare you accuse me of being an anti-vaxxer!
>Take what you're fed, don't make a fuss, and forget that there are unanswered questions.
Really?
>>
>>8602922
>look mom I did it again
>mom I did it again look
>I did it again look mom
>>
Google "thiomersol autism" and there's your redpill. There was a preservative used in vaccines in the 80s-90s that led to a spike in autism which the US government later banned from being used "just in case."

Vaccines no longer cause autism. They used to.
>>
>>8605620
dogmatically thinking the exact opposite of what people tell you =/= critical thinking
>>
File: ss+(2016-11-27+at+02.17.54).jpg (78KB, 750x556px) Image search: [Google]
ss+(2016-11-27+at+02.17.54).jpg
78KB, 750x556px
>>8597583
Underrated post
>>
>>8605620
kill yourself /pol/tard
>>
>>8605754
You're continuing to avoid my actual point by ad hominem attacks and wilfully misinterpreting what I said. Because I have concerns which I don't feel the "ENORMOUS body of evidence" (no need to shout) has satisfactorily explored, I'm now:
>spouting innuendo (Sounds like you don't know what innuendo means)
>a Wakefield apologist (for reporting that he wasn't anti-vaccine, but wanted a single Measles vaccine, and saying zero about anything else he did)
>a crank
>in the same bag as "creationists and the moon landing conspiracy theorists and the 9/11 truthers" (Now who sounds crazy?)

And this is how efforts to find the truth are so often put down. Not with a consideration of the question, but by vested interests shouting louder. Twice above I called you on being an industry shill and you haven't denied it.
>>
>>8606896
You do realize you can study the science behind vaccines and actually get into the field and publish you'd own papers if you care so much about asking questions and finding the truth, Right? It sounds like you don't even care enough to do that so why are you trying to shape the opinions of people around you and feed them info you don't even understand yoyrself?
>>
>>8606896
Not that anon, but you're grasping quite a few straws short of a cogent or convincing argument. Let's look at your claims:

1. Innuendo: Defined as a hint, insinuation, or intimation about a person or thing. He's been right up until this point, because now you're not even subtle about pulling the 'shill' card. And on the subject of shills...

2. Would it surprise you to know that Wakefield had a heavily vested interest in making a competitor vaccine to MMR based on unsound fringe theories, and lodged patent applications before starting his campaign of falsehoods? Or that he entered a contract with lawyers to help them build a class-action lawsuit against drug companies? But no, surely individuals aren't capable of the same avarice as faceless corporations, are they?

3. Like other conspiracists, you deny evidence in favour of anecdote and hearsay, and denigrate anyone who doesn't humour you in the slightest. Wear the shoe, muppet.

But of course, dry facts are the domain of 'shills', so let's get a little visceral. Imagine lying deathly sick in bed, your body and brain roasting with fever, your lungs drowning in your own fluid, your skin covered with a hideous rash. Imagine untold thousands of young people suffering in this manner, for want of a vaccine they cannot obtain even if (a BIG if) their parents could afford it.

Now imagine what you would say to someone who would condemn you to a Hell just like this, either to fill their pockets, or because they believe it's the natural state of the world.
>>
>>8606978
Read my lips. Single. Measles. Vaccine. Is that so hard to follow? All this because that industry guy (and now you, if you actually read what I've been saying) can't accept the possibility of a single vaccine instead of MMR?
>>
>>8594749
That's probably not true because it'd be all over the news if it was and any mother smart enough to vaccinate her children would be smart enough to not leave her baby in the hands of an anti-vaxxer, but it's still a sad story and a good reason why people should vaccinate.
>>
>>8607189
Mumps and German Measles kill people too, dumbass.
>>
>>8602142
>It doesn't change the importance of listening to anecdotal evidence. It is evidence.
L O L. I have compelling anecdotal evidence that you're a faggot, want to hear it?
>>
>>8607357
Having the single measles vaccine isn't instead of having the mumps and rubella vaccine, it's having them as well, just not all together in the MMR. But you keep calling people names on the internet if it makes you feel good about yourself.
>>
>>8602142
>It is evidence.
It's only evidence worth using if it represents a truly random sample of experiences.
>>
File: hold the fuck up.jpg (29KB, 400x384px) Image search: [Google]
hold the fuck up.jpg
29KB, 400x384px
>>8606896
>ad hominem attacks
Why do apparently 90% of the people complaining about "ad hominem attacks" not actually know what the term means?
It's not (necessarily) argumentum ad hominem to say something mean about someone, or even to impugn their character in the course of an argument.
what I've said to you so far can be summed up/paraphrased thusly:
>anecdotes aren't reliable when trying to assess the relative risks of vaccination vs. non-vaccination
>basing stances on anecdotes leads to being misinformed
>contrary to your opinions, some people can't be vaccinated due to infancy or immune disorders
>anecdotes are of no use for assessing risk/frequency
>your statements demonstrate that you don't understand immunology
>you're basing your arguments on anecdote and the denial of a large and comprehensive body of evidence
>[repeat above two lines]
>your denial of evidence contrary to your opinions is an argumentative style characteristic/diagnostic of conspiracy theorists

I'm not saying "you're a cunt, therefore you're wrong", you must understand. I'm saying "you're wrong, and here's why, therefore you're a cunt".

>>8606978
nicely put, thank you.
>>
>>8594749
Drugs over food. And, oh yeah, all those people were going to die (or at least get the flu) because they said so and they saved them, again cause they said so.

Well, I went back in time and prevented a nuclear war. You can thank me, praise me and send money now.
>>
File: 8D.gif (2MB, 420x315px) Image search: [Google]
8D.gif
2MB, 420x315px
>>8606896
>I have concerns which I don't feel the "ENORMOUS body of evidence" (no need to shout) has satisfactorily explored
the problem is, your "feel[ing]" that the evidence doesn't address those concerns isn't rooted in fact. the CDC runs a reporting system for possible adverse effects of vaccination, called VAERS. there have been plenty of analyses of the information collected, finding essentially that serious adverse reactions are rare (less than 0.0016%, or about 1/62000). And this overestimates the prevalence, since illnesses that coincidentally occur within a few days of vaccination are reported in the system as well. Between 1991 and 2001, nearly 2 billion doses of vaccines were administered in the USA, and there is exactly ONE death attributable to an adverse reaction.
To put this in perspective, you are about as likely to have a severe reaction to a vaccination as you are to survive a rabies infection without timely administration of the vaccine. You are more likely to be President of the United States than to die from a bad reaction to a vaccine.
>https://www.cdc.gov/mmwr/preview/mmwrhtml/ss5201a1.htm
>>
>>8608046
And you work for a drug company.
>>
File: contest.png (219KB, 540x395px) Image search: [Google]
contest.png
219KB, 540x395px
>>8606896
Now you may worry about autism, since (like many neurological conditions) it doesn't necessarily present immediately. However, since Wakefield published his fraudulent study, follow-up research has steadfastly been unable to corroborate any trace of linkage between vaccination and autism. Furthermore, the purported cause of autism (thiomersal) was phased out of routine vaccines by 2001, and yet the rate of autism diagnosis continues to rise. Practically every proposed link between vaccines and autism has been investigated, and the results uniformly indicate that the purported effect is not observed.

But you, in your infinite wisdom and considerable paranoia, have decided that all this evidence simply isn't enough, and that it must be disregarded as a vile machination of Big Pharma. This is why people like you are labeled "crank" and "anti-vaxxer", because you willfully ignore evidence that conflicts with your opinions, and then wail and cry that there simply isn't enough evidence for us to know for sure.
>>
>>8608165
Nonsense. Part of the problem parents of affected children face is that doctors won't report their children's symptoms as vaccine related if they don't believe it's possible. Just the same attitudes as we're seeing here. You're not asking the right questions. Well, you're not asking questions at all because you already know all the answers. That's not science, that's something else.
>>
File: Terry.jpg (421KB, 1404x1024px) Image search: [Google]
Terry.jpg
421KB, 1404x1024px
>>8606896
>Twice above I called you on being an industry shill and you haven't denied it.
Really? Will it make you feel better?
I'm not an industry shill, nor have I ever been. I am a graduate student, male, 25, studying paleontology in the godforsaken state of Texas. Now it's a good thing I denied being a shill, because everyone knows that a shill couldn't possibly say they're not a shill. Just like how an undercover cop can't lie about being a cop if you ask them.
Nice ad hominem, by the way. :^)

>>8608200
>doctors won't report their children's symptoms as vaccine related if they don't believe it's possible
Doctors are required to report practically any symptom with any known linkage to an immune response. Parents are also perfectly able to submit reports themselves.
Now, if you think VAERS isn't reliable for the bullshit reason you gave, tell me this: if a child, two weeks after receiving a vaccine, trips down some stairs and breaks their wrist, should the administering doctor be required to report that?
>>
>>8608221
>tell me this: if a child, two weeks after receiving a vaccine, trips down some stairs and breaks their wrist, should the administering doctor be required to report that?
Yes, obviously.
>>
>>8596542
This. I've been saying it for years. /pol/, /x/, and /r9k/ need to be merged into one board. Preferably called: /human-refuse/.
>>
File: brainlet.jpg (305KB, 1500x1100px) Image search: [Google]
brainlet.jpg
305KB, 1500x1100px
>>8608432
so your criticism of VAERS is that they're allowing doctors to cover up the hidden link between getting your shots and falling and hurting yourself.
shit, why not force doctors to report it if a kid gets cyberbullied within a week of being immunized? shills like me might say it's implausible for vaccines to cause cyberbullying, but how can we know if we don't ask that question?

I see that, having been apprised of the fact that the questions you raise have already been comprehensively answered, you have now moved on to the tactic of "U CAN'T KNO NUFFIN". You're attempting to tear down the evidence against you by moving the goalposts, demanding that no conclusions be drawn until doctors gather exactly the information that you think they should, regardless of whether or not it is relevant to the issue.
Do you really think you're the first person to try this line of obfuscation?

>>8608169
>accuses of resorting to ad hominem attack
>dismisses argument by claiming someone works for a pharmaceutical company
the clue meter is reading zero. pic related, it's you m88
>>
>>8596600
But that image is pro-vax
>>
>>8608432
Not me. I can make myself look stupid all by myself, thanks.

One of the things I've learned being on this planet for twice as long as you have, is that certainty will always eventually come back around to bite you on the ass. And that if you persevere with a particular course of action long enough, life will tend to teach you its lessons the hard way. I pray that this doesn't happen to you. I've got nothing else to add so I'm out now.
>>
File: =^).gif (1MB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
=^).gif
1MB, 500x500px
>>8609121
>certainty will always eventually come back around to bite you on the ass
>always
are you certain of that?

>I've got nothing else to add so I'm out now.
so...no evidence to support any of your claims? k.
>>
File: MeaslesChart.jpg (251KB, 1024x649px) Image search: [Google]
MeaslesChart.jpg
251KB, 1024x649px
>>8594749
Read Dissolving Illusions.

The Measles killed only 450 people the year BEFORE the vaccine came out. That same year there were over 40,000 flu deaths.

The Measles and most other vaccinated for diseases were diseases who only took hold because the people at the time were so poor and unhealthy to start.

Living conditions in typical industrial time city...

Lived in tenement, 12 people to room
No change of clothes
No change of bed sheets
Shit running down the street, everyone walks barefoot in it
Eat corn for breakfast, corn for dinner
Cold
Always in close contact with others
Etc.

You've heard how the guy that said "Hey, let's wash our hands before going from dead body to child delivery?" And it saved like millions of people.

Same thing here but a big different. Moving out of squalor and into a hygienic environment with basic medical care and living standards is what saved everyone from these diseases.

The vaccines swooped in after the fact.

Chart related. Other charts here: http://www.dissolvingillusions.com/graphs/
>>
File: measles-deaths-and-cases-usa[1].png (303KB, 1684x1188px) Image search: [Google]
measles-deaths-and-cases-usa[1].png
303KB, 1684x1188px
>>8609327
the gradual decline in deaths is not so much due to healthier living conditions reducing the spread of the disease, as due to improved hospital techniques reducing the mortality rate of the virus.
the measles vaccine was invented in 1963, not '68. and look how both deaths (and more importantly, infections) dropped like stones.
>>
>>8598024
Herd immunity isn't a proven phenomena and there isn't any peer reviewed evidence that herd immunity exists

Vaccines do work. But herd immunity is a fucking meme.
>>
File: tumblr_nev5fngc7Q1tfqdy1o1_540.jpg (98KB, 540x348px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_nev5fngc7Q1tfqdy1o1_540.jpg
98KB, 540x348px
>>8610117
Herd immunity is trivially true. You can demonstrate it with simple toy models on your own computer.
>>
>>8610117
>https://www.researchgate.net/profile/Mohammad_Ali55/publication/259583093_Herd_immunity_conferred_by_killed_oral_cholera_vaccines_in_Bangladesh_a_reanalysis/links/0deec52cc57a3490ad000000.pdf
Thread posts: 105
Thread images: 25

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.