[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Most lucerative PhDs, what are they?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 2

File: make_it_rain.jpg (2MB, 3393x2361px) Image search: [Google]
make_it_rain.jpg
2MB, 3393x2361px
>Please refrain from memeing and give sources.
>>
File: mathphd.jpg (40KB, 640x427px) Image search: [Google]
mathphd.jpg
40KB, 640x427px
>PhD in math
>300k starting
>>
Anything with CS, get to work at Google and from there you can have literally any job you want.
>>
>>8594594
>PhD in math

yeah right
>>
>>8594535
material science
>>
>>8594608
This. Material science is going to be yuuuuugggeeeee in 5-15 years. More so than it is now.
>>
>>8594617
Being able to predict the future 5-10 years. Just Kys right now, retard.
>>
>>8594535
Politics,Economy usually some good guys tell you say nice thing over them, and gets $$$$$$$
>>
Engineering and Comp Sci probably
>>
>>8594594
I remember that when I was a retard senior highschooler and first saw this meme here I believed it. I sort of imagined that it must be that mathematics is really hard so getting a PhD qualifies you to do very important things, which many employers would pay 300k.

Then when thinking about what to actually major in, I factored this 300k starting meme into my considerations and ended up picking pure mathematics for my bachelors, just by a small difference ahead of computer science. I realized that this shit was a meme probably after I had already signed up for it.

Now I am sophomore and doing pretty good. I don't really regret anything. I really did not let /sci/ memes be dreams.
>>
indigenous studies
>>
>>8594535

>PhD in math
>>
>>8594535
Gender studies
>>
>>8594750
Can confirm.
Professional privilege checker, $250k.
>>
>>8594784

Al Sharpton makes millions but I don't think he has the degree
>>
>>8594594
Only theoretical math
>>
>>8594723
I discovered /sci/ two semesters too late, t. CS student
>>
>>8594723

My sides.
This is one dangerous meme, affect real people's life.
Personally, I try my best to discourage young people to enter science programs.

> I don't really regret anything.

Don't lie to yourself.
>>
>>8594858
>Don't lie to yourself.

I don't though. Obviously, back when I realized it was a meme I had a short breakdown where I would be really defensive about my degree and where I would google salary statistics to post here about why my degree is solid 10/10.

Then I calmed down. Those same salary statistics show that I can easily make good money, and it is not like I only care about money anyways. Math is fun, nigga.
>>
>>8594594
>>8594617
>>8594723
>>8594727
>>8594740
>>8594750
>>8594784
>>8594823
>>8594835
>>8594839
>>8594882
>Nothing but memes.
>>8594598
>>8594608
>>8594622
>>8594665
>>8594720
>>8594858
>The only actual content.
Why is /sci/ literally nothing but shitposting?
>>
If you're looking for money, you shouldn't waste your time on a phd. Get an md instead.

Highest paid phd is chemical engineering, btw.
>>
>>8594882

I sincerely hope you'll find a decent job.
>>
>>8594904
Why is 4chan nothing but shitposting?
>>
>>8594948

Because reddit is full of intelligent discourse?
>>
>>8594535
PhD distinctions don't matter too much, beyond the broad strokes. Obviously a Math PhD isn't interchangeable with a English PhD, but for more closely related fields it's unlikely your employer will care.

Even then, if, for example, the English PhD showed they had a lot of experience with text analysis, and knew how to conduct research and handle data, you might still be able to compete with the Math PhD.
>>
>>8594665
This

I was actually surprised a bit when I went into politics, but apparently in the private sector you can easily make six figures. I'm not sure it's the best paying PhD, but I'm happy with it.
>>
>>8594928
I was thinking about it, but MDs in the UK are literal memes and emigrating to the US isn't really an option until I see what Trump's presidency is going to be like.
>>
>>8594976
Brainlet detected. Control of the executive branch and broader government has historically passed from democrat to republican every 8 or so years. Nothing will change. This isn't America's first republican president, or even her first republican, movie star president. Reagan was, and he's generally considered a decent president.

Life for the middle and working class will stay the same.
>>
>>8594723
Holy shit, for me it went exactly the same.
>>
>>8594998

I really don't get the panic.
Are Americans really that influenced by the media?
Pretty sad really.
Thread posts: 30
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.