[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

proofs you came up with while drunk

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 2

File: WUUSCS3.jpg (47KB, 517x543px) Image search: [Google]
WUUSCS3.jpg
47KB, 517x543px
Convex Inscribed Square

Put a point in the center point of the convex set and draw two perpendicular lines going through it and to the edges of the set.

Let a be the length of the first line and fucking guess what b might be. Now write d = a - b. If d = 0, the proof is completed, as we can draw an inscribed square by joining each point where the lines touch the edges of the set. If not, we have that d > 0 or d < 0 (duh). Let's say we rotate the lines 90 degrees (that's 1/4th tau for all the hipsters out there) so that the first line assumes the place of the second and vice versa (shit). Then d > 0 becomes d < 0 and shit. Let's say we defined a function y(x) based on what d is based on how much we have rotated. Is y(x) continuous? Well, fucking obviously. Then just use the glorious, based IVT and we're fucking done.

QED bitches. This is the proof of that theorem I think inscribed square, no fuck, conjecture, anyway, for the special case of a convex simple closed curve. It's a theorem in that case. Cool.
>>
neat, i'm writing that down
>>
File: Tesla_circa_1890_slideshow.jpg (221KB, 718x962px) Image search: [Google]
Tesla_circa_1890_slideshow.jpg
221KB, 718x962px
a -> odd
b -> even

a+b=c

c = odd
>>
When I was on LSD, I came up with time and space being seperate things and time being subordinate to space. Since then my interest in physics has started.
While I was drunk I came up with the proof for Sylvesters determinant theorem
>>
>>8591964
>When I was on LSD, I came up with time and space being seperate things and time being subordinate to space.

Time does not bow down to space. If anything, it's the other way around, since you can pretty much compress space any which way you like but not time.

t. computer scientist
>>
>>8591964
Once also on LSD I decide that we exist because we think ourselves into existence so if all living creatures simultaneously decided not to exist for some reason we would cease to be.
I'm also a sucker for the idea of the power of manifestation. We are all simultaneously creating our own reality which overlaps and effects each other's.
>>
>>8591694
This construction does not ensure a inscribed sqaure, it only ensures a sqaure which is trivally proved as you just did.
>>
>>8592294
nvm I'm retarded you said convex.
>>
>>8592287
fucking retard please don't dilute the reputation of LSD it's a great drug but post like this really bog down it's rap

LSD should prove how little you know, you shouldn't be taking away concrete things from a drug induced high like that, stop it
>>
>>8593889
and by that I mean a real LSD trip is extraordinarily humbling and terrifying, not saying you don't know anything. It's just that no matter how intelligent someone is, no one is ever going to have answer to those questions and proposing you do is both insane and stupid
>>
>>8591964
>I came up with the proof for Sylvesters determinant theorem
this is literally an entry level linear algebra course test question
>I came up with time and space being seperate things and time being subordinate to space
Came up with what? The proof? People have thought that for ages, and it's probably wrong...
>>
>>8591732
a+a=b

There is something deeper at work here
>>
>>8591732
wrong.
c= even+odd
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.