[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Physics Hw SHIT PLZ

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 4

File: Q-Yj3qqY.jpg (47KB, 612x612px) Image search: [Google]
Q-Yj3qqY.jpg
47KB, 612x612px
Anybody with high school level of understanding of physics can you help me with these problems.

is at the top of a cliff that is 24.70 meters high. He throws a football at a speed of 13.72 m/s 38.96 degrees above the horizontal. The ball hits Mr. Caprio in the foot. Calculate the distance from the base of the cliff to Mr. Caprio.

A soccer player kicks the ball toward a goal that is 29.0 m in front of him. The ball leaves his foot at a speed of 19.3 m/s and an angle of 30.0° above the ground. Find the speed of the ball when the goalie catches it in front of the net.

Mr. Bononno throws an AED from the parking lot to Mrs. Dumansky, who is standing on the roof of a building. The AED is thrown at 37.5 m/s 73.3 degrees above the horizontal. The roof is 7.2 meters above the ground.
a. Calculate the time it takes the AED to reach Mrs. Dumansky so that she catches it at the edge of the roof after the AED already reached its maximum height. Hint: Use the GREATER of the two times.

s
b. Calculate the distance between Mr. Bononno and the base of the building.

m
c. At what velocity (magnitude and direction) does Mrs. Dumansky catch the AED?

m/s

degrees below the horizontal

Im honestly so lost
>>
look at your notes and textbook
look at similar problems in your notes and textbook

4chan is not your personal army
>>
>>8591247
A man fires a .22 revolver directly up into the sky. How long will the bullet fall back to earth? Assume the bullet's path of trajectory is free of all forces besides gravity and initial launch.
>>
>>8591247
You have to split the vectors of the velocities into horizontal and vertical (using trigonometry). Then you determine how long it takes for the ball to hit the ground by taking gravity, vertical velocity and initial height into consideration. Then you take that time and multiply it to the horizontal speed to find the distance. Don't forget to keep your units the same (ie. Meters to meters, seconds to seconds instead of meters to inches and seconds to minutes).
>>
>Anybody with high school level of understanding of physics can you help me with these problems.

Right, but we're not the ones in highschool, you are.
>>
File: IMG_1474.gif (538KB, 200x135px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1474.gif
538KB, 200x135px
>>
Just think about it in terms of x and y, them being the legs of a triangle with it's right angle being the base of whatever domicile is chosen. For calculating the distance between the base of the cliff and Mr. Caprio, you'll be finding how many meters the ball has traveled in the horizontal, which is represented by the x component of your "free body diagram" (let's hope you have one written down). So use the correct kinematic equations to solve for your "x final" value. Same goes with initial/final velocities and time.
>>
File: NAA22S.jpg (6KB, 220x165px) Image search: [Google]
NAA22S.jpg
6KB, 220x165px
>>8591355
>How long will the bullet fall back to earth?
as long as it takes it to go to max height
after t=2v0/g it is back, about a minute
>>
>>8591607
>vectors of the velocities

Initial velocit((y)(ies))
>>
File: Answers.png (187KB, 874x1558px) Image search: [Google]
Answers.png
187KB, 874x1558px
>>8591247
Here you go, anon. All the answers laid out for you. No need to study :^)

Does anyone else get a thrill from doing this? Solving someone's trivial homework problems I mean. It excites me. As I'm doing it, all I can think of is the panicked scribbling they'll be doing on the exam. The sheer horror as they try to remember how to do the problems. Then they think back and remember all the times they had someone else, someone like me, do their thinking for them. It's like I'm draining the brain out of them. It makes me feel so powerful as I'm making brainlets ever dumber! hahahahaha there you go anon, turn it in!
>>
>>8591742
Also 3c I forgot to add the angle. It's just arctan(-33.86/10.78) = -72.34 degrees = 287.66 degrees.

>>8591247
Take a break from all that worrying. Smoke a "jay" or crack a beer. Watch some television. Come back if you need anymore homework problems done for you :^)
>>
>>8591355
t = sqrt(2h/g)
where g = acc. due to gravity,
and h = (v^2)/(2*g),
v = initial velocity.

Just plug in your .22 revolver's muzzle velocity.
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.