[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is Climate Change real? Also, how fucked is America?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 3

File: 1456550965421.png (116KB, 486x405px)
1456550965421.png
116KB, 486x405px
Is Climate Change real?

Also, how fucked is America?
>>
yep it's real.

it'll destroy a lot of habitable land.

it was gonna happen anyway, with or without us.
>>
Yes.
Yes.
>>>/pol/
>>
>>8591238
I'm gonna state an unpopular opinion and say AGW isn't real. Temperatures today are well within the natural variability for the Holocene period.
>>
>>8591242
Yeah it's going to happen. But the difference is allowing time for people to adapt. If you increase the sea level overnight a lot of people are going to drown. If you steadily increase it, giving time for people to build boats and shit then you'll have a fighting chance. So the argument is change and sudden change.
>>
>>8591259
The absolute most the sea levels could rise is 2m. It's not going to be an extinction event, even if it does happen.
>>
>>8591252
>I'm gonna state an unpopular opinion and say AGW isn't real.
>Parroting politically-convenient industry PR is an "unpopular opinion"
Ahaha no.
>>
>>8591265
Yeah tell that to Bangladesh or the Maldives. There's a shitload of island people who will find they're going to have less island to live on. I'm not saying its going to be water world but these people got to go somewhere.
>>
>>8591271
Has literally nothing to do with politics. I gave my evidence, you're the one that's trying to politicize it.
>>
>>8591274
Right, I mean I live in the coast. If it does happen my family will have to relocate. It won't be the end of the world by any means, but it might set us back a century or so.
>>
File: 1483849923560.jpg (14KB, 540x527px) Image search: [Google]
1483849923560.jpg
14KB, 540x527px
>Is Climate Change real?
Yes

>Also, how fucked is America?
Pay attention to pathogen fitness and growth rates.

That's where you're going to get ass fucked. Most idiots are too busy paying attention to macro changes in the ecosystem.
>>
File: HnqlM1n.png (78KB, 1306x354px) Image search: [Google]
HnqlM1n.png
78KB, 1306x354px
Yes, climate change is real.

inb4 it's da joowish academia.
>>
>>8591299
>>8591252
muh holocene
>>
>>8591286
>Has literally nothing to do with politics
>you're the one that's trying to politicize it.
Really?

>I gave my evidence
Your evidence Is utterly retarded, and either wilfully deceptive or founded on complete ignorance.
Nobody discussing AGW is particularly concerned about whether or not we're still within the temperature bounds of the Holocene, because the Holocene is a large period of time whereas modern cities and agriculture are new. If you look at anything published by actual climatologists, the concern is the RATE of warming, and that's both likely unprecedented and entirely man-made. Once upon a time Earth was unsuitable for any life at all, but that wouldn't make it okay if it went back to that overnight.
>>
>>8591323
Don't bother, man. These guys are /pol/ak's who have the education level of memes and inforgraphics.
>>
>>8591238
Yes. The military all over the world are reading for the fallout.

https://youtu.be/Mc_4Z1oiXhY?t=2m25s
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.