[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

alright sci, im kinda smart. Or atleast good at making people

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 4

File: Modafinil_enantiomers.svg.png (18KB, 370x549px) Image search: [Google]
Modafinil_enantiomers.svg.png
18KB, 370x549px
alright sci, im kinda smart. Or atleast good at making people think im smart. And im really Lazy. So i decided to stop being a "wage slave" and get into computer science, and i wanted to start by getting into computer programming, by taking some mit courses. But like alot of people, I get bored easy and do other shit and get distracted.

SO, i encountered some dude online who raves about "smart drugs" and their benefits. It got me interested, and his number 1 seems to be me Modafinil. I wanted some opinions on it, and maybe some recommended nootropics, since reddit is a bunch of fags.
>>
if you need drugs to learn you're not smart
>>
File: 800px-methamphetamine-svg.png (9KB, 800x433px) Image search: [Google]
800px-methamphetamine-svg.png
9KB, 800x433px
>>
>>8591026
no shit retard. im looking for some assistance to increase the speed i learn.
>>
>>8591045
Go to libgen.io
Search for Deep Work
Download Deep Work by Cal Newport
Read it
Build a daily schedule
Block 90mins 'deep work' time everyday.
Practice other advice from that book
Notice how suddenly you are building compound interest where you are able to advance quickly
Notice the more you practice concentration the better you get
>>
>>8591053
in other words, do this for ~ 21 days, and when it starts burning into my brain i won't have concentration problems? Sounds like solid advice. But as a recovering depressed video game addict, im all about power leveling. That means, if there is a faster way to do things, im all for it. I was hoping someone here would have some experience with nootropics and whether or not they work towards increasing your cognitive abilities beyond their natural limits. But thanks for your advice anyways, it'll probably help alot.
>>
>>8591053
cal newport is a meme
>>
OP go to a real school, even if it's a community college. Try your hardest the first 2 years and get a nice GPA (like pretend your life depends on your GPA) and then apply to either a state school or better college, you'll progress faster than just watching YouTube videos online
>>
>>8590952
There's pretty limited scientific evidence for the efficacy of nootropics as you imagine it. Look for the primary literature, check whether it's conclusions support what you're after, skeptically examine the methodology and so on.
Your subjective perception of cognitive enhancement while using something is essentially useless, because that perception can in turn be influenced by the drug. Recreational users will understand this well.
>>
>>8591236
i cant do that for two reasons
1 - i just put myself in a shit load of debt by buying a home to put on some land i purchased

2 - my work schedule doesn't allow it, and i would just quit, but its a very "easy" job, and i already quit and came back once and don't want to lose it forever.

Im following 6.0 intro to comp sci on the mit website, as well as brushing up on my math. Im listening to the lectures, taking notes, and doing the assigned work, as well as fucking around with the programming on my own. I have no doubt that im going to get the knowledge i need, i just wanted to know if i could get it faster. I was always way too poor for school anyways.

>>8591498
Well im not really looking for ntz type shit or whatever, the kind of idea i was hoping for would be something i take before listening to a lecture to help hold those memories with less effort and studying. I've also heard people micro dose on lsd to inspire them to think outside the box in their workplace. The guy i was talking to about the nootropics was saying that he didn't notice any improvements, untill he looked at his work history and noticed how much better he performed. But ty for the adv.

I guess ill just do it how it needs to be done. Or expirement with binary beats or somoe other new age shit.
>>
>i'm lazy
>i'm an addict
>i'm depressed
>i want a pill so everythings is easy

Do you need another drug so you can see the pattern?
>>
I do not recommend using any nootropics because the long term effects are not studied or known for literally any of them. I can't remember precisely which one but I remember reading an article about one getting pulled by the unregulated by the FDA suppliers because it was causing neurotoxicity and eventually brain damage in users.
>>
>>8591912
Basically, ingesting random unstudied chemicals you got off the internet is not generally a good idea.

The few that have clinical studies also had clinical administration. Quite a few of the studies involved literally injecting the chemical into the brain and bypassing the blood-brain barrier that you would have if you ingested them orally.
>>
>>8590952
What's your plan to not be a wage slave after you get this education?
>>
>>8591886
yes lol. Im lazy but i have self awarness, which others lack dipwad. Im lazy but i was still able to wage slave through 80 hour weeks for the last few months and buy some land, and now I have a single wide on the way. Im lazy but i can work hard. See im lazy, and i hate working, but i know what i need to do, and i wont live forever - so if i speed up some education and avoid extra frustration im all for it. Im an ex-addict. And im not depressed anymore.

>>8591914
Well, like my paragraph say's above, im finishing up a home load. So, after im done paying it off in around 16 months - ill probably start reducing my work hours and start doing freelance work for some locals. I just met a property manager that had another kid my age create a google street view esque map tool for a trailer park in town on her website. She told me to keep her number becouse she thinks i have "potential" or something. If i can't find anything else, ill just contact her and ask to prove myself to the kid for free, and then ask for a contract of employment after im done with that. Im sure a few young whipersnappers like myself can whip together some good shit, and the CEO of the company i work for has been giving me excellent financial and life advice for what kind of mentality i need to succeed.

I seriously doubt ill ever be a big shot, and don't really want it. But ill be damned if i stay in this tax bracket the rest of my life. If i do ever make it big though, ill try to see if i can't slip a few 4chan memes in my products to let you poor fucks know lol.
>>
File: ballmer_peak-1-2.jpg (45KB, 652x325px) Image search: [Google]
ballmer_peak-1-2.jpg
45KB, 652x325px
>>8590952
Programming is probably for you, you just haven't stuck it out long enough until it starts getting interesting. Most programmers I know are self-proclaimed as 'lazy' which is good because you will have the desire to try and write a program in as little lines as possible.

Also, don't buy in to the nootropics meme, it's all snake oil and placebo effect. However, if you smoke a little weed (~1 hit) before class and before homework, it becomes fun instead of feeling like a chore.
>>
File: 1479661097568.gif (8KB, 100x100px) Image search: [Google]
1479661097568.gif
8KB, 100x100px
>>8593065
1 hit? Is that even enough to make you feel anything?
>>
>>8590952
Programming is not a good field. You have to put in long hours of off the clock time to keep your skills and knowledge up. New shit comes out all the time, new ways to do things, new languages, new tools, etc.
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.