[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

The universe

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 2

File: IMG-20161230-WA0015.jpg (48KB, 655x600px) Image search: [Google]
IMG-20161230-WA0015.jpg
48KB, 655x600px
WHY is there a universe. I really want to talk about this. The big bang happened because there was matter. Why was there matter in the first place. I was raised a muslim but I find it hard to believe in a god now ive grown up.
>>
>>8590872
Nobody knows
>>
>>8590878
Awh shucks
>>
>>8590872
technically it happened because of some doofus' self-replication gone wrong

but then, what could have been worse than It own, since before It there was nur.It

matter wasn't in the first place though
>>
>>8590872
>WHY is there a universe.
There is no reason. The universe was not created by an intelligence.

>The big bang happened because there was matter.
Ha, no.
>>
>>8590872
Because nothing can't exist.
>>
>>8590872
The Universe exists just simply because it can.
>>
>>8590872
Endless rebirth cuz the concept of existence don't have condom.
>>
There is a universe because there all these fields and all these properties that these fields have.

Why are there these fields with all of these properties? Because then you would not be here to describe them.

Seriously though, either god did it or there is an infinite assortment of possibilities out there somewhere that we will never have access to. I can't think of a third option.
>>
You fucking dumbasses and your "why" questions annoy the shit out of scientists.
If you ask a scientist "why does this happen" the best they could do is explain the mechanistic interactions that underpin whatever the fuck it is you're asking about.
"why is there a universe with matter in it?" is a stupid fucking question. If there were no matter in the universe you would not exist to ask such an inane question. If the matter in the universe were instead something else, and the entire universe was made of this hypothetical bullshit-material instead of matter, then perhaps there would be a version of you, made entirely of bullshit, asking why the universe is made of bullshit instead of hypothetical matter.
Fuck off and read a book.
>>
because there can be
>>
Ain't nobody knows fer sure.

t. PhD
>>
>>8590872
We'll never know that's your answer.
>>
I don't know. What's the purpose of existence? Where did the matter come from? Why was it there? How can something simply be, without beginning or end, without purpose? How can God not exist?
>>
>>8590872
>WHY is there a universe

Because there is. There is no why.

And I would consider the be and end all to be pure unadulterated energy and then a wave probably coalesced onto a wave and made an even bigger energy wave at one spot in the (Wherever, since I technically can't call it a universe yet). And it was just too much energy for one spot to handle, so it switched to a less stable, or more stable form. Probably less stable, but still requiring a huge energy input to change it back (hence it's continued existence). And what we understand as the universe (and all that we have yet to discover) are variations of this energy wave, or were just there before the energy wave "occupying" the same space that our universe now occupies. (Because they are different forms of energy, they can occupy the same space?)
>>
>>8591770
That'd be my philosophical guess anyways
>>
>>8590872
>Muslim
>>>/isis/ and never come back
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.