[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How do we make education appealing to everybody /sci/? We have

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 1

File: lonely person.png (4KB, 225x225px) Image search: [Google]
lonely person.png
4KB, 225x225px
How do we make education appealing to everybody /sci/?

We have access into a plethora of information about almost anything on the web if you look hard enough but why does the majority (particularly the middle-class and below) choose to rather spend their time obsessing over celebrity drama and television? How do we fix this? Also, why are there still people who choose not to make their resources available to everyone? I think that as human beings, helping our fellows should make us feel nice and allow us as a society to advance faster. But why does the air of competition still dominant in our world? Is competition against our own kind really the way to go?
>>
Your position implies that everybody needs the same level of education.

Ultimately, they do not.
>>
>>8589936
I'm not saying that everybody needs the same level of education but more on raising their desire to be more educated, people are literally rallying because their mcjob is being taken away from them by robots all because they couldn't for the life of them, find the desire to git gud on anything that's not minimum wage tier
>>
have less smug bundle of sticks LARP as scientists
>>
>>8589930
You don't.

It entices people who recognize the benefits and fruits of study and hard work.
And until you can easily transfer information via some lazy brainless medium into a human brain, it will only entice people who recognize the benefits.
>>
>>8589930
we don't, we shouldn't.
because else engineers/mathematicians won't be able to make mad cash by selling CAM software and because they knew obscure shit to generate paths for 5 axis mill.
look at Germany for example, everyone is virtually required to get a "PhD", and guess fucking what, most of their software is buggy. everything that was "100% german" and used even low power electric motor, either caught fire or broke after several dozens of uses
>>
>>8589930
>why does the majority (particularly the middle-class and below) choose to rather spend their time obsessing over celebrity drama and television?
I don't know.
>How do we fix this?
It's fixing itself. Over the next couple centuries, the need for menial human labour will be drastically reduced. All we have to do is make sure the communists don't enact some bullshit universal basic income law and the minimum wage monkeys will slowly be eliminated from the gene pool.
>Is competition against our own kind really the way to go?
Most of human progress is a result of competition against its own kind.
Thread posts: 7
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.