[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I used to study psychology for a few semesters and in one of

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1

File: races.jpg (517KB, 3573x1920px) Image search: [Google]
races.jpg
517KB, 3573x1920px
I used to study psychology for a few semesters and in one of the courses I learned that human races aren't actually races in the biological sense because eg. two blacks can genetically differ more from each other than a black and a white/asian/hispanic, while two german shepherds will genetically always be closer to each other than a german shepherd and a dalmatian.

are there any biologists here who can confirm this?

I know I'ts just a very superficial way to look at people's genetics but purely visually it seems impossible to me that nelson mandela might be closer to taylor swift than michael jordan genetically
>>
>>8588867
>psychology
wrong board fella
>>
>>8588870
it's still about biology more than anything else
>>
>>8588872
not really, no, you didn't ask anything about biology, you asked something political at best. you care about science only as much as you can use it for retarded political questions, so no, wrong board
>>
>>8588901
>you didn't ask anything about biology,

>from first tow last line it's about genetics and genetics only with no politcal statement whatsoever
>>
>>8588920
sorry let me ask you a genetics question
what in your genetics makes you be a giant retard?
see I used the word genetics it's science
>>
>>8588924
if you have nothing to contribute why do you bother replying. can you not see how it's hard to understand how two people of the same race can genetically difffer more from each other than two people that look much more different when our looks are almost exclusively determined by our genetics?

if that's actually how it is which I sure hope since it'd be pretty exterme if Iwas tought something flat out wrong then I want to know how exactly that is possible as someone who does not have the deepest understanding of genetics.

you're reading way too much into it, I don't follow any polical agenda.
>>
Could be true. Also the genetic diversity of humans is very small compared to other species, which means probably that humans were almost extinct at some point (they say 500 people survived).
Since there is almost no diversity in the genetics, you could argue, that some black guy with a genetic anomaly is more different compared to the other black people than a white guy compared to them, but this would also mean, he is an anomaly to every group of people and hence this statement is kind of inconclusive
>>
>>8588939
i just despise popsci here. this thread is the biology analogue of "what happens when we reach the singularity?" and related popsci physics threads that attract all kinds of idiots
>>
It's true, but also take into consideration that terms like "black" is a catch all so an African American, a West African and a East African would all be considered "black" despite all three having regionally unique admixture potentials.
>>
>>8588867
Fucking leftist propaganda made it everywhere. Not. A biologist though, just filling in the blanks based on a Grahams number of other data points
>>
>>8588867
Population geneticist here. Yes, it's true.

Take a population. It has a certain amount of diversity in it. Take some of those individuals out and create a new population with them. This sub-population will have less diversity than the original.
>>
For all the stupid fags here. This question can be categorized under biological anthropology, which is a physical science. If you think this is a political question than your a retarded leftist. This statement was also made under the AAA on the notion of race. Get out leftist politically driven faggot.
>>
>>8588867
Yes. Im sure the diversity thing is part of the evidence for humans coming from africa too. Races are just labels and cultural constructs. E.g hispanics in europe would be considered white often where in usa they are not. Its arbitrary.
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.