[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Most of you have an IQ 125+. Feynman's IQ was 125.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 45
Thread images: 3

File: 08daa0_1261324.jpg (215KB, 2746x1528px) Image search: [Google]
08daa0_1261324.jpg
215KB, 2746x1528px
Feynman had an IQ of 125. Most of this board has an IQ higher than 125. How does it feel to be smarter than Feynman?
>>
>>8588368
my iq is 199
>>
>>8588368
Feynman's IQ was definitely above 125, at least for quantitative reasoning. The man was an absolute genius and I can only hope to achieve a third of what he did.
>>
>>8588368
Seriously? Pretty impressive, guess why he was always sort of in the shadow's when it came to Gelmann, there's a good story on how Fenyman was always calling up Gelmann to see if he was working on projects just so he could start working

Feynman did create a good theoretical structure for I think it was quantum electrodynamics but again his real achievement was identifying the most optimal path.. ie the path's light is most likely to take given off an electrical exhange
>>
>>8588544
Sort of wrote that wrong
>>
The test Feynman took capped out at 125 iirc
>>
IQ doesn't mean you're smarter though. It just means you have a higher IQ
>>
>>8588535
I LARP super hard and I can't even get my IQ that high Einstein was at about 165, that was considered genius back in the day

Einstein was the real genius, basically defined gravity as the effects felt by acceleration here on earth = relativity
>>
>>8588540
I think he lied about his IQ to make others feel like they have a chance. He's just that type of guy.
>>
>>8588576
Or more likely IQ exams aren't perfect

You can score very high in certain subtest and very low in other subtest and balance your IQ out to 125, which is likely what happened to Feynman
>>
>>8588624
No it didn't you fucking redditor. What I said is more likely.
>>
>There's a mensa test session nearby
Should I? Will I finally know if I'm a genius or a brainlet?
>>
>>8588368
He probably just said that so more people would have confidence in their abilities.
>>
>>8588762
>>8588576
same fag
>>
IQ means shit, and Feynman fucked more chicks than this board whole.
>>
>>8588787
>>8588624

same fag
>>
>>8589040
>>8588787
same friend
>>
>>8588368
Is this thread a reverse troll? Are you trying to put me in a state of vulnerability by gloating about how much smarter than Feynman I am? Hah, fat chance. Everyone knows that Feynman was only one example of a Renaissance genius, whose talents were so widespread that they couldn't possibly be measured under the guise of an "IQ" test. I'm positive that whatever /sci/'s IQ is, Feynman would have completely and absolutely outstripped everyone.
>>
>>8588933
He knew how to deal with bar bitches.
>>
is anyone else scared to take an iq test in case theyre stupid?
>>
>>8588368

Most of the time verbal component of iq test introduces a bias in the favour of women and against men. Feyman probably did really well in other components but had an average score in the verbal part.
>>
>>8588540
if he was be a genius,then why his books are trivia filled garbage?
>>
Woe to those who confuse intelligence with wisdom.
>>
>this board
>this IQ
>LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLthefuckouttahere
>>
>>8588368
>(((Feynmann)))
>>
>>8589698
Because he's a genius. An absolute genius.
>>
>>8588555
So what is smartness? Stop clinging to homunculi
>>
>>8589698
I'm sure his books would have sold better if they were based on abstract concepts and advanced math
>>
>>8589687
You can't re-define IQ test to fit your idea of what IQ is.

IQ test has many subtest and each contribute to the whole. Doing really well on one test and badly on another calculates your true IQ. Therefore Feynmans true IQ was 125 and many people on this board are smarter than him :^)
>>
>>8589698
His books about funny things that happened to him? Gee I wonder.
>>
>>8588368
IQ is 150
>>
I'm scared to take an IQ test in case I'm legitimately retarded
>>
>>8588368

Yeah, and most people on /b/ have a 7 inch dick.
>>
>>8588368
The plane in that pic would immediately stall right? I thought too much about it and thought that it might be able to work if it kept on nosediving
>>
File: 34536546542.jpg (681KB, 2048x1536px) Image search: [Google]
34536546542.jpg
681KB, 2048x1536px
>>8588368
my IQ s over 9000
>>
File: Me-163_Komet_(Can).jpg (481KB, 1280x960px) Image search: [Google]
Me-163_Komet_(Can).jpg
481KB, 1280x960px
>>8588368
>>8591281
With regards to the picture, that sort of thing actually exist (kinda).

Pic related is a jet aircraft that uses a propeller "ram air turbine" to power electronics. Similar systems are also used to power jamming pods on electronic warfare aircraft.
>>
>>8588368
Having an IQ and knowing how to apply it are two different things

Being smart and being intelligent are two different things

Having knowledge and knowing how to leverage knowledge to make money are two different things

Everyone can get an education, not everyone can achieve a breakthrough in science. It often comes down to luck and inspiration.
>>
>>8591455
In what world is this more efficient than installing a battery? Or was the battery tech so shitty that you literally had to do this at the time?
>>
I gotta agree with earlier sentiments, IQ doesn't matter when you get laid as often as feynman did.
>>
>>8589082
lol
>>
>>8588368
that wont work in outer space dumbass
>>
TIL: Smarter than Feyman

t. sauce redditor
>>
>>8592087
Nor would an actual plane; it's situationally-specific to an environment containing air, you fucking brainlet
>>
>>8588548
This happens a lot, took one (not professionally though) with an easily achievable cap of 155
>>
>>8588734
Mensa test is a joke. Took it completely fucked up hung over and it told me I was MORE than qualified. In the 10% or something. Though professionally measured I believe it was 133
Thread posts: 45
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.