[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Im still not convinved we actually know the earth is full of

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 2

Im still not convinved we actually know the earth is full of magma? Prove me wrong.
>>
Im still not convinced we actually know your cranium is full of brains? Prove me wrong.
>>
>>8587068
I believe that because we have pretty easy access to brains. I can google brain surgery, I cant google footage of the core
>>
>>8587065
just dig a hole like 70metres deep. It'll get hot as fuck and you'll see lava.

Or fly to Hawaii and see some lava coming from the ground. Or find footage of any volcano.
>>
>>8587076
Noice.
However why does this vary by location. Plate tectonics?
>>
>>8587070
>implying those are real videos and not just fakes created by the government to convince you of the existence of localized consciousness ( brains)

The true red pill is when you really wonder if you've ever seen the curvature of the earth...
>>
File: _387264669.jpg (41KB, 580x386px) Image search: [Google]
_387264669.jpg
41KB, 580x386px
>>8587079
yes,
and then you reply something like "I think that the plates getting their friction thing on, is enough to cause the rocks to heat up enough to become lava. Because I just pulled that fresh out of my ass and neglected to think about how and why the plates are moving in the first place."
>>
>>8587091
>NASA psyops plz go

We all know that the Earth is hollow.
>>
the earth isn't full of magma. the mantle is actually solid but relatively ductile.
>>
>>8587065
it isn't. the mantle is in a solid state. the only liquid parts are the outer core and some small places here and there like ridges or (maybe) ULVZs.

>>8587091
guy, 10cm/y isn't going to be enough to partial melt anything by friction.

Partial melting in the mantle (and I have to insist, most of the mantle ISN'T molten) can be due, either to isothermic decompression (hot material coming up too fast to cool, ridges and ocean islands), hydration of the material (yeah, putting water in a rock makes it easier to melt, subduction volcanism), and quite rarely heating (maybe the ULVZs, not sure)
>>
Can't prove a negative. Can't positive a negative.

You'd have to list "all the negatives" to get to the truth. You'd have to get to the end of time to prove it. It'd be easier to start out with a positive and prove it truth.

Only the know-it-all's babble there even is an earth. Space and time may exist only as presentations of concepts in our spiritual mind. It would solve all paradoxes and explain everything better than evolution and religion.
>>
wait is OP serious?
>>
>>8587986
that's bullshit

go look karl popper
>>
>>8587065
sometimes magma comes out of it so there's probably some magma in it
>>
Look into the different types of waves generated by earthquakes, and how they travel through the earth.
Timings and/or absence of detection at various locations around the globe provide information about the composition of the cthonian bits of our planet.
>>
>>8587065
Geologist here, it's not.
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.