[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Between chemistry, biology, and physics, which of those is the

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 2

Between chemistry, biology, and physics, which of those is the closest related to mathematics?
>>
Physics
>>
>>8586202
Geology
>>
Physics. But there are plenty of sub-disciplines in chemistry and biology that are math intensive.
>>
It's all relative since they're mathematical subset structures of the truths and falsehoods of logic
>>
>>8586202
Nowadays Physics but in a perfect world where chemists and biologists are actual academics then I think those fields would be closer to mathematics.

Physicists study relatively simple structures. Sure, stars have many complications but it all comes down to a blob of a bunch hydrogen atoms together.

Chemists, on the other hand study smaller objects that have much more complications. The same goes for biologists. Nothing has more complications than organisms. So the day these scientists grow a couple of extra IQ points and start to find a way to use mathematical structures to model the real life structure they study then we will see that biologists could even need a PhD in mathematics just to study biology well.

Physics has already done so. The study of higher physics is full of algebraic and geometric structures that they use for almost everything. The other sciences simply have to follow these steps but this will require intelligence.

I do not think that biologists are still smart enough to comprehend something as complex as, say, derivatives. That would go over their heads. What we need to do is slowly put inside their curriculums more and more math until one day one of them comes up with a discovery and starts modelling the processes of certain organisms with geometric and algebraic structures and then from that point on biology will not be the same. It will enter a golden age like physics did in the 20th century and from that point on every single biology program will have as a pre-requisite a PhD in pure mathematics.
>>
File: 1480774385226.jpg (15KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
1480774385226.jpg
15KB, 480x360px
>>8586282
>I do not think that biologists are still smart enough to comprehend something as complex as, say, derivatives
Thread posts: 7
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.