[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Sup /sci/ EE student here. I'm doing an exchange semester

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 2

Sup /sci/

EE student here. I'm doing an exchange semester and get to choose between National uni of Singapore and Tsinghua. What would you choose and why? I know NUS is better ranked but China seems promising for future work.
>>
>>8583623

Do you speak Chinese?
I am partial to Tsinghua.
NUS is not that great to be honest.
>>
>>8583627
No, but they will send me a list of courses in english, most of them on graduate level. It will be tricky to put them together but it's totally doable.
>>
>>8583627
Also, how does NTU compare to NUS?
>>
>>8583623
My old roommate went to Tsinghua for an exchange semester, and quite frankly he hates it. Smog everywhere, which is why heaters won't go on until the 15th of november, so you'll be very cold throughout october and the first half of november. The campus has fixed hot water times 07:00 to 09:00 in the morning and then again in the evening, which means you can't sleep in on your free days because you won't be able to shower afterwards. The lecturers have a garbage accent when speaking english as well.

I'd go for Singapore every day of the week.
>>
>>8583623
>University in Beijing, China

Are you suicidal? The air is literally poison.
>>
>>8583623

I worked in China and it is a nihilistic, smog ridden place. Go to Singapore.
>>
>>8583623
choose this one >>>/lgbt/
>>
>>8583741

It's a university change question, not a sex change question. Please read the thread.
>>
>>8583665

> implying Singaporeans don't speak garbage English

>>8583623

If you have the choice, go to a real first-world country.
Hong Kong, Japan, Korea, Taiwan.
>>
>>8583822
But Hong Kong and Taiwan are pretty much the same third world shithole
>>
>>8583623
Singapore.

Doing a RA with with and they have some cool micro air vehicle shit if that's what you're interested in
>>
I've lived in Singapore for 10 years

Go to Singapore
>>
>>8583623
Dunno about the uni, but the island of singapore has many cuties, would pick
>>
forgot about this thread lel

>>8583822
I could possibly go to KAIST and some Uni's in Taiwan as well, but i'm interested in NUS because they're top 10 in the world in EE. Also, what do you mean by real first world? Singapore has decent living standards except for some crazy laws.

>>8583943
I've heard food is pretty cheap, could I survive without cooking?
>>
>>8584195

Ranking is bs.
And Singapore is not cheap.
>>
File: academic_map.png (193KB, 870x656px) Image search: [Google]
academic_map.png
193KB, 870x656px
>>8583623
I'd say, Japan or Korea. I'd side with Japan, as it is either billed at the most technologically advanced country in the World, or the second most technologically advanced country in the World (by biased US media sources). - It also contributes massively to scientific research and publications. - Not to mention, best living conditions out of the options, good women; good food, interesting culture and history.
>>
>>8584538

Weeb.
>>
>>8584660
Why, because I made a good argument? Fuck off, cunt.
>>
>>8584677

Weaboo.
>>
>>8584721
Try harder, m8 if you're going to b8.
>>
>>8583623
>Tsinghua
There's obviously only one choice, because the air in Beijing is unbreathable http://aqicn.org/city/beijing/
>>
>>8584724

Weeboooo.
Thread posts: 23
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.