[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Chernobyl

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1

File: cheeki breeki.jpg (452KB, 1920x1200px) Image search: [Google]
cheeki breeki.jpg
452KB, 1920x1200px
How safe is today Chernobyl and it's area? I don't mean the Sarcophagus per se, but visiting the remains of the cities.

(I've got into a fight with a normie and just want hard facts)
>>
>>8582195
Not very with all those of those mutants...
>>
The radiation exposure is a time-dependent metric. You can visit the city and be fine. But I believe it's still unable to be inhabited for long-term stays.
>>
Is there a way to clean away most of the radiation?
>>
>>8582195
You can tour it with a guide, who carries a geiger counter.

So yeah, not very safe.
>>
>>8582268

But are we talking hazardous doses or just above average?
>>
been there. It's pretty safe. Liquidators have disposed of pretty much the radioactive material, there's still a few hotspots but they're marked, and if you go with a tour guide you'll avoid spending time near them.

Some people live there, mostly the elderly were allowed to go back to the evacuated area after a few years. Not in the closest radius but in the outer evacuated area.

You have to travel to Kiev, and then the tour busses leave from central station. Our tourguy was a total bro
>>
>>8582258
Oxyclean gets the tough strains out
>>
Granite buildings and radon cellars have highier radiation level than most of the zone
>>
>>8582270
Some areas are hazardous, but mostly you'll find areas just high in radiation. Since the tour guides live there, they have to make sure they don't exceed 80-100 rads per day, or 3.5 millisiverts. While it's usually okay to receive some radiation, repeatedly going to an area and getting your daily dose of 3.5 millisiverts will obviously cause health issues, as 3.65 millisiverts is the normal yearly dose.
But yes, there are indeed hazardous areas where you could get ARS, but you'd have to be an absolute idiot to get yourself in those areas.
>>
>>8582195
I always want to go and visit Chernobyl!
It's safe as long as you don't live there and you are just are a tourist.
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.