[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Pulling out a tooth

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 4

File: 0053 - 1qfwZyT.jpg (67KB, 709x765px) Image search: [Google]
0053 - 1qfwZyT.jpg
67KB, 709x765px
How do I do it? Do I risk injuring nerves?
Wisdom tooth came out nicely years ago.
Now it's broken on the side and gone.
The dentist told me that he has to pull it out but it will take me some time to reserve another visit.
It's been a week now and it hurts every day.
I swear they used a screwdriver to loose the other one I was having problems with.
I'm planning to loose this as well using a screwdriver, then pull it out by hand.
Any advice?
>>
>>8582048
>Any advice?
Don't. And painkillers.
>>
File: 1481433222069.jpg (19KB, 248x237px) Image search: [Google]
1481433222069.jpg
19KB, 248x237px
>>8582062
I have acetaminophen/paracetamol and alcohol (not used to the latter).
The slut anesthetized the nerve before pulling the other one out.
I hope it doesn't hurt much since the tooth is already compromised.
>>
>>8582048
If its lodged in your jaw, make sure to have your jaw supported so they dont fuck up the joint
t. got pulsatile tinnitus from wisdom tooth surgery
just fuck my life up senpai
>>
>>8582073
>t. got pulsatile tinnitus from wisdom tooth surgery
Did they damage the nerve?
I'm a fasting supporter although I never got past two days.
You happen to read a lot of happy stories related to extended fasts.
You can get to a month if you have enough fat but a week could do it.
Google them.
>>
>>8582048
Do you have X-ray images on hand? Because it would be mightily dumb to poke at nerves, bone and blood vessels in an area that is notoriously sensitive and that heals slowly when the tooth roots might be crooked. Wisdom teeth often are. There is a good chance you won't be able to pull it out without a shitton of force and leverage, and not by yourself either.

Dentistry is performed by dentists for a reason.
>>
File: 1481909089103.jpg (48KB, 458x390px) Image search: [Google]
1481909089103.jpg
48KB, 458x390px
>>8582103
>Do you have X-ray images on hand?
I might have but I don't know where the CD is.
The tooth looks straight and nice, except for for the cavity.
It is not attached to the bone since I can feel it moving a little (like any other teeth I guess).
Yeah, the dentist applied some force with the screwdriver for the other one.
I remember that she pushed the teeth *inside* the mouth (so no sideways) to loose it.
I think I'm going to try without applying too much force and then stop messing with it if it doesn't work.
I'm going to buy Amoxicillin and some sterile bandage.
I need to make sure the screwdriver is clean as well.
Would boiling it do it?
>>
An interesting observation.
Yesterday I avoided any sugar and carbohydrates.
Lots of fat and some protein.
No toothache.
Today the toothache started again after a carby lunch (I don't feel pain in the mornings).
>>
I wiggled mine side to side until it was fairly loose with my fingers then started levering it front to back over the course of a week with the help of orajel. Each time what felt like a thread break it got looser. When it was pretty loose I got super drunk, rubbed it down with orajel and ripped it out with my fingers. Best feeling ever.
>>
>>8582133
Thanks for your success story.
Gonna take this approach.
>>
With how fucked up the roots often are you might have to cut away bone around the tooth or cut it into fragments to allow for a safe extraction.Also if there is an inflammation you should/have to wait before extraction.
Go to the dentist before you hurt yourself
>>
File: Orajel.jpg (26KB, 218x224px) Image search: [Google]
Orajel.jpg
26KB, 218x224px
>>8582133
>orajel
Came here to recommend OP uses this. I went through something similar, but I had to wait two weeks before the dentist could see me. This stuff is a life saver.

It's also quite entertaining to put a dab of it on the tip of people's drinking straws when they aren't looking.
>>
You are fucking retarded if you are even considering doing this yourself. If your dentist told you they had no training whatsoever and this was their first extraction, would you allow them to proceed? Just endure the pain for a few weeks, better than fucking up your jaw for life. Also, ERs have emergency dentists.
>>
>>8583325
this shit is a godsend if you have a toothache, along with a nice dose of ibuprofen, i strongly recommend rinsing at least every other day with an antigingivitis mouth wash, keeps shit from getting infected rather nicely
>>
Dental fag here, I'd recommend you don't try to pull it yourself. If it's broken down at all you'll probably just end up causing it to crumble and it'll just make it harder and more unpleasant for you when your dentist has to reverse your inevitable fuck up.
>>
>>8582089
If you're still lurking, no - they didn't.
I suspect they injured/tore a blood vein or something, causing me to her the blood being retarded - I really don't know. He said it would heal in a couple of weeks, then a couple of months, then half a year... Obvious bullshit.
Not sure what to do, to be honest.
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.