[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Black hole horizon

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 1

File: bh_structure.gif (10KB, 340x259px) Image search: [Google]
bh_structure.gif
10KB, 340x259px
Hello /sci/,

I don't understand how black holes affects light when it reached the horizon.

Let's say you're falling into a black hole, the speed of liberation (force needed to escape gravity) increase because you're getting closer and closer, when the speed of liberation reaches the speed of light you can't return and you reach the black hole horizon.

But what is it like, from inside? Can we see external light coming to the black hole? Is it stretched / bended?

> Also anything space related
>>
>>8580292
>I don't understand how black holes affects light when it reached the horizon.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kepler%27s_laws_of_planetary_motion
>>
If you're inside the blackhole, yes you can still see light, but everything would be extremely warped.

Light can't escape the blackhole because space itself is warped to such a huge degree that there is literally no way out of the blackhole.
>>
I imagine it would be like staring at a fireball so bright your eyes burn out.
>>
One day i was in the bathroom in a hot tub. Letting it empty.. The water whirlpool going down looked normal under normal light cond. Once i turned the lights off and turned the infared heat lamp on only basking the area in red glow a shadow apeared an inch away from the whirl.. It was the hidden shadow of the whirlpool.. It hit me. The black holes we see. Are just its shadow. And it is indeed a gravity whirlpool of sorts.. Try it
>>
>>8580292
Truth is OP, we don't know. Physics sorta breaks down there. All that we know is there is a singularity inside, and crushing gravity. To answer this question definitively we would probably need a theory reconciling general relativity and quantum field theory.
>>
Is the event horizon of a black hole a perfect sphere?

If it isn't, what sort of texture does it have?
>>
>>8582313
The breakdown is at the singularity, not the horizon. We can make predictions for what should happen just inside the horizon, although testing them is a problem.
>>
>>8580292
The event horizon isn't of much physical significance. Just outside the horizon things are the same as just inside the horizon.
Thread posts: 9
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.