[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What's looks an hydrogen atom in the physical reality ?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 3

File: 1483509237-hydrogen2.png (34KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
1483509237-hydrogen2.png
34KB, 600x600px
There is no microscope to see that ?
>>
The earth is flat
>>
It's a tiny fuckin dot (nucleus) with a cloud of location that the electron could be.

There is no "what does an electron look like", there is no "look like" at that level, it's a single particle where kinda can tell where it is or kinda can tell how fast it's moving, that's about it.
>>
Ok thank's for replies.
>>
File: 18ontxblfw77lpng.png (241KB, 800x450px) Image search: [Google]
18ontxblfw77lpng.png
241KB, 800x450px
>>8579907
This is one of the more common states of hydrogen
>>
>>8580055
But what does anti hydrogen look like
>>
>>8580062
Just invert the colors of the image and you got it
>>
>>8580062
Exactly the same
>>
>>8580055
Why is there another green circle around the nucleus?
>>
>>8580131
The green areas are where you are likely to find the electron
>>
>>8580187
Alright. What is the outer ring then?
>>
>>8580192
Where you might find the electron, but not typically.
>>
>>8580187
Thanks

.. and ..

>>8580198
Thanks
:)
>>
figured this would be a good place to ask but in pic related where are the carbon atoms and why are they bars
>>
>>>>8580585
Each three-corner is one C atom, I suppose
>>
>>8580192
2s AO
>>8580198
pleb
>>
>>8580585
this i pentacen
>>
>>8580082
this fuckin guy over here
>>
>>8580585
I really hope you don't think that a carbon atom is 10 angstroms
>>
>>8580055
Whats the "exposure" duration on a capture likethis?
>>
>>8580585
These images are pretty fucking cool
>>
>>8580585
That's a chemical compound

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pentacene
>>
>>8581051
A year or so. The shortest ever was 8 months.
>>
>>8579907
Your brain interprets signals that are sent by cells in your retina (that's in your eyeball). These cells include what are called rods and cones, they have structures that are the exact length of a wave of light, they detect color as well as light/darkness. They convert visible light (390 to 700 nm) into brain signals and that's what you "see".

A hydrogen atom is 53 pm. A Transmission electron microscope can see down to about 50 pm, but not in any form that is easily interpreted by how we normally see things, we can create an image from this device that represents that, but isn't exactly accurate for normal sight. like >>8580055
>>
>>8580131
So that way the nucleos stays put. Otherwise it would wander off to find a companion.
>>
How can you see an atom if you see photons and an atom is smaller than a photon
>>
>>8583449
You can't actually.
We shoot electrons at atoms instead of photons. The resulting "image" created from the electrons then gets translated into an actually visible image, i.e. photons.
Thread posts: 27
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.