[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

so let me get this straight. If the graviton is real, then it

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2

so let me get this straight. If the graviton is real, then it is a ripple in the gravitational field.

However, if the graviton and supersymmetry are both real, there's a gravitino that is a ripple in the gravitino field.

If the gravitational field is spacetime, then what is the gravitino field?
>>
I finally stole someone's black leather gloves. I always wanted to put stranger's gloves over my mouth and pretend that I'm getting kidnapped by some stranger... Turns me on very much
>>
>>8579722
In supergravity, the gauge field for graviton is the vielbien (the "square root" of the metric tensor). The field for the gravitino is then a spinor field with a # of propagating fermionic degrees of freedom to match the # of propagating bosonic degrees of freedom of the graviton. The fields are related via local supersymmetry transformations.
>>
>>8579779
I don't know what that means. Can you dumb it down for me?
>>
File: IMG_0516.png (9KB, 206x200px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0516.png
9KB, 206x200px
>>8579725
I appreciate you.
>>
>>8579782
Supersymmetry, physically, is essentially the requirement for a theory to have equal amounts of bosonic and fermionic degrees of freedom.

i.e. Each bosonic/fermionic particle has a fermionic/bosonic "superpartner".
Generally these are related to each other through a supersymmetry transformation.

The graviton does correspond to spacetime itself, but the gravitino is just its fermionic superpartner. It is just some fermionic field and only related to spacetime geometry via a supersymmetry transformation mapping it to its superpartner.
>>
>>8579809
That makes it sound like the gravitino field is completely unrelated and is just a random particle field
>>
>>8579725
I know it is important for your fetish but stealing is wrong so give them back.
>>
>>8579823
It is not completely unrelated, it is the supersymmetric "dual" of the graviton. It is not, in general, significant beyond that.
>>
>>8579845
So otherwise space and time are completely identical?
>>
>>8579847
Spacetime in supergravity theories (and string theories), while maybe varying in dimension and geometry depending on the specific theory, are otherwise the same as spacetime in regular theories.

The supersymmetry is not something applied to the spacetime manifold itself, but to its algebra of functions.
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.