[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Astronomers Can't Explain This

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 2

File: Checkmate.jpg (42KB, 700x466px) Image search: [Google]
Checkmate.jpg
42KB, 700x466px
If heat rises then how come space is so cold?

>earth highest point in known universe confirmed
>>
Heat is just Jewish propaganda.
>>
>>8578099
Probably because there's a LOT of space between objects, there's actually a theory called "big freeze".
>>
>>8578100

Is that why so many of them have risen to the top o' society after being in the oven?
>>
>>8578099
>If heat rises then how come space is so cold?
A) Heat does not rise. It radiates. Hot air rises above warm air. Warm water rises above cold water.
B) Space has no significant medium to heat up. However, if you were exposed to the Sun, you would feel the effects of its heat very much so. For instance, the sunlit surface of the Moon is over 200°F (100°C), whereas the unlit side cools to -150°F (-100°C).
>>
low pressure, play with an elastic band and hold it to your lip to feel the heat/cold

this is literally grade school physics
>>
The "heat" you are refering to is a component of gas with a similar density as the gas its surrounded by. If that component is somehow isolated and given additional heat, in the form of temperature increase , and is allowed to change volume, its density decreases and it rises.
>>
>>8579831
Only if it's colder than it is outside. Wut?
>>
>>8579817
can moon bases be powered by temperature differentials?
>>
File: 2.jpg (53KB, 720x478px) Image search: [Google]
2.jpg
53KB, 720x478px
>>8578099
Heat doesn't "rise" because it prefers to go up. You need to think why warmer atoms go upwards on earth to understand why your theory makes little sense.

Think about what energy (heat) does to say, a tank full of oxygen. If you put some warmer oxygen in, the warmer will go up because there is more kinetic energy in those oxygen atoms. Since gravity is in play, the atoms with less kinetic energy (the cooler ones) will fall lower because they're not bouncing around randomly as much.

But because atoms prefer to have lower energy, the kinetic energy will disapate into the cooler (lower energy) part of the oxygen tank mix. (2nd Law of Thermodynamics). The hotter oxygen atoms will therefore, not continue rising into space infinitely.

Hope this helps answer your question. Also:
>implying you need to be an astronomer to understand basic rules of thermodynamics
>>
>>8579939
I do not know. Stirling engines are feasible, but don't produce much power. Straight-up solar power would still be best I think, though you'd have to account for 14.5 days of night per month.
>>
>>8578099
>If heat rises then how come space is so cold?

I bet its liberating to be as dumb as OP. Able to believe the earth is flat and shit like whatever the fuck this is ^. The masses really are completely retarded and operating under the delusion they have a worthwhile opinion on anything except burger flipping or whatever the idiot masses mostly do these days.
>>
>>8578099
>this thread
>these responses

Simply put, the universe isn't a fucking box.
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.