[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Issue with Latex

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 1

File: zHFFO[1].png (37KB, 1862x892px) Image search: [Google]
zHFFO[1].png
37KB, 1862x892px
Hi /sci/ I have a bit of a problem:
I have been using Latex over the past few days for the first time. Most of it seems pretty easy, but now I have a bit of a weird issue. I am using TeXstudio and texlive.
I can compile my .tex file no problem and the preview pdf also displays correctly with no errors, but when I look in the folder there is no pdf. When I press "External Viewer" in TexStudio, I also just get an error from Acrobat that no file was found. Even weirder: When I go to File->Open and then select to see pdfs, I can see the supposedly created document (but still nothing in the explorer).
I don't really know what I am doing wrong, but I am sure one of you guys has more experience with this than I do.
>>
> latex

dark magic. nobody knows how it works.
>>
>>8577557
>but still nothing in the explorer
>Using Windows
>>
Alright, I think I actually somehow figured it out. The issue was that the file path had a space in it, I think.
>>
>8577576

all hail the demons of TeX
>>
It's bad practice to put spaces in filenames and directory names. It's a real pain in the ass. The worst is when someone sends me a file with an apostrophe. *shudders*
>>
>>8577561
Fucking technopagans.
>>
>>8577621

you'll be sorry when latex ignores all of your positioning arguments
>>
>>8577618
I know, but the default install directory for TexStudio was C:\Program Files\..., so I just went along with it and put my project files in the same folder.
>>
>>8577638
Ah
>>
>>8577638

superb bait
>>
>>8577618
The worst experience I've ever had was when I was helping someone with a computer problem and they had a ! in their user name.
>>
>>8578294
Kek. I'm considering setting up a virtual box just to see what would happen.
>>
>>8577557
Latex problems are extremely common. I would recommend vinyl or nitrile gloves.
>>
the latex thing on here is being weird lately, some functions don't work
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.