[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Probability

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 3

File: Mathematical_equations.jpg (510KB, 1800x1798px) Image search: [Google]
Mathematical_equations.jpg
510KB, 1800x1798px
This might be basic, but I'm still having a hard time understanding it.
Say 100 pieces of pie has to be distibuted to 100 different plates and the way they are distributed are random. (n=100, r=100)
Then what is the chance of all the pie pieces to be distributed evenly? I know that there are 100^100 (n^r) different ways of them to be distributed total, but don't really know how to find a formula for them not to "collide"
>>
[eqn] \prod_{k=1}^{100} \frac{101-k}{100} [/eqn]
>>
Try your problems with 3 pieces of cake.

It's a piece of cake.
>>
>>8571278
Alright. Let's say 3 pieces of cake has to be distributed on 10 plates then. There are 10^3 (1000) different ways that the pieces can be distributed.
I still don't know how to calculate the probability of then getting their own plate. I figured I have to divide with 1000, the total amount of combinations, but how?
>>
>>8571319
Just think I figured it out.
>>
[math]\frac{1}{\binom{n+r-1}{n}}[/math]
>>
>>8571336
p = number of plates / pies
There are p^p ways the pies can be distributed. The number of possible ways the pies can be distributed evenly is p!. The probability would be (p!)/p^p
>>
1/100!

>>8571266
>>8571338
was there some kind of change to this thing that I didn't know about?
>>
[math]\_frac{1}{\binom{n+r-1}{n}}[/math]
>>
[math]\frac_{1}{\binom{n+r-1}{n}}[/math]
>>
File: image.jpg (2MB, 4032x3024px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
2MB, 4032x3024px
>>8571237
here's my attempt. the number of plates has to divide the number of pies otherwise they can't be evenly distributed
>>
File: piesolution.png (3KB, 236x140px) Image search: [Google]
piesolution.png
3KB, 236x140px
Sorry everyone, forgot to post what my orignal solution was. I came to this after some thinking and calculation:
n = number of plates
r = number of pie pieces
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.