[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is climate change the only good reason to be green?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 2

File: download.jpg (7KB, 221x228px) Image search: [Google]
download.jpg
7KB, 221x228px
I was watching an iq squared debate the other day, and this happened

> Moderator: Panelist A, you have supported Trump and green efforts in the past, so how do you feel about Trump calling climate change a hoax?
> Panelist A: Well, I'm actually a lot more of a climate skeptic than my resume might lead people to believe. However, I think there are a lot of good reasons to be green despite climate change, e.g. building sustainable energy, promoting biodiversity, etc., so I'm still a green activist. Being green doesn't imply belief in climate change.

At this point the crowd is booing

>Panelist B: That's absurd, of course being green implies supporting climate change.

And the subsequent consensus of the panelists seemed to be that the only good reason to be green was for climate change. Since I have similar opinions to the former panelist, I was wondering if this was a common belief. Is fear of the apocalypse the only good reason to be green?
>>
File: climate thread simulator.png (172KB, 792x653px) Image search: [Google]
climate thread simulator.png
172KB, 792x653px
>>8571081
>>
Earth is a tetrahedron
pls respond
>>
>>8571335
here's your response
keep up a good job
>>
>>8571081
>Is fear of the apocalypse the only good reason to be green?

No. And I agree, being green does not require belief in GW, although I think it's pretty far beyond speculation that it's real and anthropomorphic, and it's irresponsibly cavalier to dismiss our obligation to preserve the only viable habitat we have in the universe.

That said, other reasons are biological impact on being green: trying to rid the oceans (and therefore also food chain) of the nutrient-lacking plastic that animals fill up on and then die of starvation. Or the horrible cesspools classically regarded as "rivers" in some shit hole areas of the world. Or killing of bees, diminishing the pollination of crops and ambient plants.

There's a lot more to natural systems than what we humans interact with directly.
>>
>>8571291
Thanks for this, I've gotten my fix and have no reason to participate in this thread
Thread posts: 6
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.