[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Calculator Magic?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2

File: how.png (185KB, 592x434px) Image search: [Google]
how.png
185KB, 592x434px
I have entrance exams coming where we are only allowed to use calculator like in picture. It has square root function and basic maths buttons.

Can use the calculator to calculate the values in picture?
>>
>>8569338
no you can't
>>
if they're only allowing you to use a calculator that doesn't have power functions, they won't test you with questions that require you to calculate powers
>>
>>8569344
I am afraid they will because the entrance exams includes chemistry (and physics). you cant do much calculations that have to do with acids and bases if you cant do roots and powers.

I guess we will get look up sheets for square roots and powers. Welcome to 2017.

They are fuckers for not allowing us to use normal scientific calculators. Nobody knows what to expect.
>>
>>8569351
Jesus Christ, how can anybody be such a whiny child. Do you really think everybody fails because they can't calculate the results? Are you retarded?
>>
>>8569384
i dont want to be one of the retards who fail

I dont have the best mind and skills so i try to ask and learn not be a complete fucking failure in my life.
>>
>>8569351
Cuz one can program a scientific calculator to do tons of shit? Besides you only get an approximate anyways so writing [math]\sqrt{7}[/math] is more correct than the square root you get from the calculator.
>>
>>8569338
Approx with taylor at a=8 maybe ? Although you'll need to do tons of calculi before obtaining something precise, it's feasible :P
>>
use a taylor series dude
>>
>>8569399
This
>>
>>8569338
Take the derivative of the power/ cube root function and use linear approximation.

The amount of people on /sci/ who apparently failed calc I is astounding.
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.