[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

The Australian Outback

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 6

File: image.jpg (254KB, 450x369px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
254KB, 450x369px
I saw a thread about this on /pol/ a while ago, someone was asking how to "fix" Austrailia. An anon came in and said that if artificial mountains were built in the nirth of the country, it could change wind patterns and make The Outback arable. Is this true? How practical is it? How long would such a process take?
>>
File: Lena-and-Rosie-Pula.jpg (2MB, 2000x1333px) Image search: [Google]
Lena-and-Rosie-Pula.jpg
2MB, 2000x1333px
australia can't be fixed until the abbos are wiped out
>>
>>8568127
That's racist
>>
>>8568128
so?
>>
>>8568127
This is true, while I'm here are Abos even human?
>>
>>8568135
Yes, and there's even a Abos genetically closer to you

>>8568131
And inefficient. It would take less resources to make the Abos self-sustaining than to eradicate them.
>>
>>8568141
I don't think I'm related to """"people"""" whose only contributions to the world have been the boomerang and digerdou. Am I missing any?

Also can we get back to talking about the prospect of making the outback arable? I think thats more important (and plausible) than the prospect of civilizing these """people"""
>>
Bump, and you fags call this the science board.
>>
>>8568148
>Also can we get back to talking about the prospect of making the outback arable?
Sure, you retard. If you can somehow will 3 km high mountain into existence, then yes, you will have arable land.
Another, cheaper-ish solution is massive irrigation and planting trees, which is what people are doing in the Sahara/Sael by the way.

>I think thats more important (and plausible) than the prospect of civilizing these """people"""
>>>/po/ is this way, comrade.
>>
File: image.jpg (43KB, 450x300px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
43KB, 450x300px
>>8568171
>(((Comrade)))
Alright Schlomo, why can't 3km (he uses metric, what a fucking PLEB) mountains be created? Whats stopping us?
>>
>>8568171
Its
>>>>> /pol/
are you fucking retarded?
>>
>>8568176
>why can't 3km (he uses metric, what a fucking PLEB) mountains be created? Whats stopping us?

Well, even a meme sorcerer can't erect a mere wall, so I don't think you would be able to will mountain into existence.
>>
File: image.png (392KB, 1490x689px) Image search: [Google]
image.png
392KB, 1490x689px
>>8568183
Give me an actual answer.
And NEVER underestimate the power of meme magic, need I remind you of this?
>>
>>8568185
>Give me an actual answer.
For God's sake, even doing something 800m tall is a architectural feat and requires years, if not decades, to complete. And we're talking about a tower, not a mountain.
This isn't even maths, or physics, it's common sense.
>>>/po/
>>
File: image.png (631KB, 681x681px) Image search: [Google]
image.png
631KB, 681x681px
>>8568193
LISTEN NIGGER, STOP SENDING ME TO PAPER AND ORAGAMI

How tall would they have to be? Do they have to be 3 miles, or can they be shorter? Couldn't you just pile a metric fuckton of dirt up?
>>
>>8568200
>How tall would they have to be?
Very.

>Couldn't you just pile a metric fuckton of dirt up?
Where do you find said dirt, you genius ? You think you can just dig enough to make a 3km tall artificial mountain ? Assuming the simplest form, you would still need 4.5km^3 of dirt. And that dirt needs to resist to rain, wind, and human activities.
Irrigation is easier.

>LISTEN NIGGER, STOP SENDING ME TO PAPER AND ORAGAMI
>>>/x/
>>
File: image.jpg (70KB, 840x544px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
70KB, 840x544px
>>8568212
> very
Give me a number

>irrigation is easier
How is that, are there any major auquifers that could be used?

>x

REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE I JUST WANT TO GO HOME!!!!!!!!
>>
>>8568124
>Suppose you need mountains that are a mere 1km tall and that have a base area of 1km^2
>suppose that the mountain is 3g/cm^3 (thrice as dense as water)
>one mountain weights 1 billion metric tons
>suppose mechanical energy costs $0.01/MJ
>1 ton costs about 1MJ to lift 100 meters
>you are lifting 1 billion tons 250 meters
>$25 million for one mountain assuming a tiny mountain and crazy cheap energy and no further costs
>thusly
I estimate such a project would cost >$100 billion
>>
I forgot to mention
China tried and failed to move a mountain to redirect airflow a whole back so its not the stupidest idea
I think they were half dive when they stopped
>>
>>8568124
Whoa, the Australian government asking 4chan for help... don't you guys have your own hydrologists and whatnot?
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.