[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Cicada 3301

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 2

File: Cicada_3301_logo.jpg (31KB, 800x486px) Image search: [Google]
Cicada_3301_logo.jpg
31KB, 800x486px
I've been reading into this group, and I've wondered what /sci/ thinks about it. Have any of you attempted to solve some of the puzzles?

Here is some information about the group:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cicada_3301
>>
>>8566923
It was all over /sci/ years back, but everyone got pissed and lost interest after they had a puzzle where you had to hunt posters in multiple cities across the world and put them all together to solve it, then right after that said 'people are working together too much, so the next puzzle will only allow the one who solves it to continue so that only the brightest can proceed'.

Really nigger? you design a puzzle that people can only solve by living in the correct cities, then claim that the puzzles are designed to let only the brightest pass and complain about people working together?
>>
>>8567105
>Really nigger? you design a puzzle that people can only solve by living in the correct cities, then claim that the puzzles are designed to let only the brightest pass and complain about people working together?

Everyone knows all the smart people live in the correct cities. People who do not live in the correct cities are all retards.
>>
>>8567122
This really shouldn't have to be said, but there are so many retards on this board.
>>
Got to individual part and failed.
>>
what were the puzzles anyway? all i see is the moth but have no idea whats supposed to be actually solved
>>
File: 1480053357643.jpg (76KB, 480x454px) Image search: [Google]
1480053357643.jpg
76KB, 480x454px
anyone remember the part where you had to dial a number and listen to a robot voice message?

shit was spoopy
>>
>>8567209
exactly what the fuck are they? what do they do?
>>
>>8567212
And why do they need new members? Are they expanding? If not, what happens to the members whom they are replacing? I find it hard to believe that no one has ever snitched?
>>
>>8567212
No clue, at the time people assumed it was NSA/CIA/Google trying to hire new cryptographers but looking back on it and how it all just fizzled out to a "only certain selected individuals™ progress beyond this point" only to never be heard from again I would think it was just an elaborate prank by somebody with a lot of time and money on their hands.
>>
>>8567217
I don't think anyone who passed all of that bullshit would find it any funny, and generally people good enough to pass aren't people you should be pissing off
>>
>>8567226
That's the thing though...Every step along the way was solved by people in ircs or people making threads on /sci/ or /x/

It was several dozens of people brainstorming solutions over the course of a week or so if memory serves correctly.

Then all of a sudden a message was posted that they were tracking everyone and the "most talented" were selected to progress individually.

Then it died as quickly as it emerged.

idk maybe I'm remembering shit wrong
>>
>>8567232
I haven't participated, a friend was filling me in. For a while it was necessary for everyone to work together, but eventually as they progressed it became impossible to share solutions and everyone just worked individually. Afaik that's how every cicada event died for the public.
>>
Where can I see the puzzles?
>>
The last certified Cicada update was on January 5th 2016 and basically told to decipher the Liber Primus.
I don't think we'll get a new update anytime soon.
>>
>>8567367
Why is it so hard to do so?
>>
>>8566923
Just a bunch of people who probably want to crack RSA and other form cryptography OR make a better crypto. Blockchain, anonymity etc.

They're also obsessed with prime numbers and PHI (I too am). They might also be obsessed in finding the hidden force "god."

CICADA - is a prime word, no anagram
3301 - is also a prime number

TL;DR primephiles and phiphiles
>>
>>8568959
piphiles*
>>
>>8570598
>piphiles*
1.618033988749895 is not equal to 3.141592653589793
scram
>>>/pol/
>>
hey i need to know if anyone knows when the next puzzle will be out. im thinking next month but idk. plz no trollers im serious about this.
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.