[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What do you do with books once you are done reading them, /sci/?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1

File: books in trash.jpg (271KB, 683x1024px) Image search: [Google]
books in trash.jpg
271KB, 683x1024px
What do you do with books once you are done reading them, /sci/?

I have numerous books laying around, taking up space. It seems like books are disposable by nature: You read them and then you toss 'em.
>>
>>8564672
Donate them.
>>
>>8564672
Depends on the book. Novels stay if I really like them and otherwise get sold/donated.

Textbooks stay if they're reasonably comprehensive (I prefer to refer to a textbook rather than google when I can, especially when I need an explanation and not just a result), and otherwise get sold/donated.

I'm materialistic enough to enjoy having a big pile of shit but it has to at least be shit I like a lot.
>>
>>8564672
>not having a personal library
Give em to Anon II
>>
>>8564672
Keep them. You never know if there will be a blizzard and you'll need stuff to burn.
>>
>>8564672
Once I've taken reading notes and filed those away, the book goes in the trash bin.

The trash bin on my computer, that is; why the fuck would anyone own a physical book in 2016?
>>
>>8564672
Keep them with me if they are very likely that won't be outdated.

Throw it in the trash if for like a year later there is a new version and it changed everything.

Most of them are the former though, since also i have a cousin that wants to be an Engy so he will borrow some of my books.
>>
>>8564962
1. a physical book feels better, even if its heavier and lacks search function and costs money. i learn easier from actual books unfortunately.
2. why do you trash your digital books if they take merely a few mbs? fishy, trying to wave your 'digital books ftw lmao everyone is stupider than me' cock around?
>>
>>8565425
Why would anyone get rid of a physical book if it only takes up a dozen or so cubic inches?

Space is valuable, and I like to keep things clean and compact in my home and on my computer.
>>
try to recall what had you read in them
>>
I don't buy books.
I just take them from the library and then return them at the end of the year.
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.