[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

If you stand in a room with mirrors as the walls and floors,

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 5

File: 41_thilo_frank.jpg (155KB, 660x440px) Image search: [Google]
41_thilo_frank.jpg
155KB, 660x440px
If you stand in a room with mirrors as the walls and floors, is the observable reflection infinite? It'd be interesting to see how a grazing animal or a far-sighted bird reacts to that phenomenon.

Pic related. I really want to build a mirror room now.
>>
File: 1475928431340.jpg (17KB, 399x382px) Image search: [Google]
1475928431340.jpg
17KB, 399x382px
>op builds a mirror room
>enters for testing, lock door
>can't find it anymore gets locked in it forever
>>
File: costansa.png (88KB, 250x250px) Image search: [Google]
costansa.png
88KB, 250x250px
>>8563356
It's probably just like looking in the concave side of a shiny spoon. Jeez man, it's a mirror, not rocket science.
>>
>>8563351
Conan solved that problem already.
>>
File: destroyer13.png (219KB, 476x198px) Image search: [Google]
destroyer13.png
219KB, 476x198px
>>8563386
kek
>>
>>8563095
two mirrors parallel to each other are enough to get the "infinite reflection" thingy going.

4 mirrors if you want to be able to look in all directions in the horizontal plane.

you can literally build this thing at home
>>
>>8563406
>4 mirrors
actually 3 mirrors are enough, then you get 3 fold symmetry.

kind of fun actually. OP watch this https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zd_HGjH7QZo

it's educational and fun and vaguely related
>>
>>8563351
If worst came to worst, destroying the mirrors would help alleviate that problem.
>>
>>8563095
No a mirror is not perfect. It absorbs light by a tiny amount each time it's reflected. As you can see in your pic it gets greenish the deeper you look. This is because green is absorbed a little less compared to the other wavelengths. I think fucking vsause did a video on it. Its called mirrors are green or some clickbaity thing like that.
>>
The had such a room at the local science museum in my city. It was a little dark, not enough to obscure anything, just enough ht make it creepy. And they would play this weird ambient music too. Always scared the shit out of me as a kid. Especially when looking down.
>>
If you stare at your face in a mirror in low light you'll hallucinate. I've heard some terrifying shit about low-light mirror boxes, too.
>>
>>8563095
>you stand in a room with mirrors as the walls and floors, is the observable reflection infinite?
no. light needs some time to travel.
>>
File: 4543545143.png (107KB, 258x400px) Image search: [Google]
4543545143.png
107KB, 258x400px
>>8563095
just remember to bring a towel
>>
>>8564945
How many reflections deep would you have to look before you see a noticeable time-delay?
>>
>>8565365
Define "noticeable". I think that your eyes would lack the resolution to see that point, so unless you're using something else to observe for you I think the short answer is that you wouldn't.
>>
>>8563409
knot theory is fucking based.
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.