[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

claim to fame

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 6

File: hairer.jpg (42KB, 560x260px) Image search: [Google]
hairer.jpg
42KB, 560x260px
I'm dedicated to become a rock-star of physics & mathematics. I finished my Masters and so am already very advanced in the subject - but I want men to look up to me and women to flock to me because of my fame and mystique.

Consider this a scientific task of optimization. How do I approach it?

Do you have eccentric to claim fame? Or can you be calm and cool, what are some examples for people who achieved this and can they be copied? Surely just proving something important doesn't suffice, you need character.
>>
>>8561889
write a mass-audience book explaining how the universe is made of 17-dimensional differential functoroids
>>
Become a polemicist and grow an over inflated ego, make sure you're always right. Also don't forget to drop pop culture references once in a while.

Otherwise no one will care.
>>
>>8561895
>>8561899
Just to clarify, I don't talk about Michio Kaku or Neil Degrasse Tyson old silly over motivated father figure fame.
I'm speaking of One Direction kind of fame where you can take the two todays audience girls of your choice back to your van after every show.

But yes, finding an audience will be part of it, I suppose.
>>
File: solstice-nativity-scene.jpg (231KB, 580x387px) Image search: [Google]
solstice-nativity-scene.jpg
231KB, 580x387px
>>8561889
>what are some examples for people who achieved this and can they be copied

Step 1: Stop doing all things related to STEM. It's a waste of time.
Step 2: Embrace your inner autist. Discard all subtlety.
Step 3: Become incredibly butthurt over all things related to religion*. Hate God with an unquenchable passion.
Step 4: Rant at every opportunity. Surround yourself with similar minded teenagers looking for people to confirm their biases.

Congratulations, you a now a modern prophet of enlightened skeptical rational scientifically verified free thoughtâ„¢ in the same league as the brightest minds of history that have advanced humanity with all of your popular books becoming best sellers.

>*in reality, just (protestant) Christianity but only refer to religion so you can't be called a bigot. Also, fully support Islam and call all naysayers "racist".
>>
>>8561916
I'd like people who know something about the subject to look up to me as well, tho

You have a point that "skeptic" chicks may be easy prey, thx, that's a point to start I suppose (?)
>>
>>8561889
Science may not be the best route to go about this.
Start by solving millennium prize problem, collect your million and then invest it wisely to make more millions.
>>
You'll wanna lean more on the Physics side. Ask the average person who Ed Witten is they'll give you a blank look. Ask the average person who Neil Degrasse Tyson, Stephen Hawking ( might be more famous for surviving ALS for so long though idk ) etc are and you'll have a better shot. No one cares about Math really, you can't really even meme it without knowing well beyond what the average person knows. Physics you can keep all that aside and just talk about the implications of real world phenomenon in plain English.
>>
>>8562189
Ed Witten is a physicist tho, he just hasn't gone into pop-sci.
>>
File: DECKER.png (104KB, 263x301px) Image search: [Google]
DECKER.png
104KB, 263x301px
>>8561889
>Masters
>>
>>8561916
acting like sheldon is just going to piss people off in real life
>>
>rock-star
>physics & mathematics

Pick one. You can't have both.
>>
File: 1482219119522.jpg (113KB, 1033x410px) Image search: [Google]
1482219119522.jpg
113KB, 1033x410px
>>8562276
>implying string theory is not pop-sci tier

kek

OP, you want to be Feynman. That's it.
>>
File: DSC03491.jpg (3MB, 4912x3264px) Image search: [Google]
DSC03491.jpg
3MB, 4912x3264px
>>8561889
>>8561916
If you want an example of a genius who played the system to pave their way to pop-star fame, look at Lady Gaga. Seriously, check out her past. The woman's been a fucking maverick since childhood.
>>
>>8564132
He wouldn't make it to news in this day and age.
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.