[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I am a very confused young man. I work 40 to 50 hours a week

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 2

File: always rember.png (37KB, 1127x685px) Image search: [Google]
always rember.png
37KB, 1127x685px
I am a very confused young man.
I work 40 to 50 hours a week as a manager at a department store.
I have about $6000 saved up (was more but had to pay for my fathers cremation and funeral)
I missed a little over 180 days of school when I was in highschool because I was taking care of my father
I failed 3 classes (due to the fact I didn't do any of my make up work)
I got a 1420 score on my SAT but I forgot to study or bring a calculator or do any preparation before it.
I don't know what to do, I want to study math and get a PhD in it honestly because I enjoy it very much and study it on my own when I can find motivation and time to do so.
Do I retake the SAT and hope for a higher score? I think my GPA in highschool was 2.0 to 2.5
I am currently enrolling to start an associates degree in engineering at a community college cause I figure its hopeless to go to a real university with how much school I missed and all that.
atleast I can take my family out to dinner for christmas and can eat everyday
>>
>>8558412
If I was you then I would just, right now, try to get in a state school. Even to one that has no competition and all. Just do it.

If no one will take you then go to a CC, pass some traditional classes every math major has to take like calc and linear algebra with As so that your GPA gits gud and then apply to state schools again.

Don't let your dreams be memes.
>>
>>8558412
I suggest you buy a gun and shoot yourself in the face for being a frogposting faggot
>>
>>8558412

I feel for you anon.

Hope you have a good Christmas and soon make a decision on what to do.

>>8559689

well memed anon 6 out of 10. Took you some points due to lack of originality.
>>
File: 1389987483348.jpg (29KB, 320x328px) Image search: [Google]
1389987483348.jpg
29KB, 320x328px
>>8559696
Fuck off faggot, frogposting redditors are not welcome on this website.
>>
Just do your best in the CC and apply to a 4 year when it's time to get your associates. Most colleges won't care about your lack of SAT scores if you have CC credit.

If you want to go to a private, it may be different, but more of them are dropping the SAT requirement for transfers. At least that was the case when I was transferring.
>>
Just go to a community college. I got about a 2.5 in high school myself. Went to community college, got a 3.8. Universities didn't give a shit (or at least didn't seem to) when I applied for 4 year programs.

You're fine. Nobody will care.
>>
>>8558412
Universities look at the grades of the highest education you're willing to offer them. If you do community college then they'll look at those grades rather than the SAT and high school GPA.

Also generally universities couldn't give a shit about SAT score unless they're almost maxed out when it comes to spaces or is a really high tier university.

Get roughly a B- to B+ GPA in CC and you'll be fine.
Thread posts: 8
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.