[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 3

File: IMG_1032.jpg (13KB, 225x225px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1032.jpg
13KB, 225x225px
Is there any game that effectively stimulates your memory, reaction, intelligence, strategy and everything controlled by a competitive scenario? which would be That game?
>>
>>8557778
Good question, bump
>>
>>8557778

EvE online
>>
>>8557778
the game of pushing your boundaries and discovering NEW things.

Google makes it SOOOOOOOOOOO hard to find new things.
>>
File: Adderall_20mg_capsules.jpg (33KB, 300x318px) Image search: [Google]
Adderall_20mg_capsules.jpg
33KB, 300x318px
So I'm in college and my friends always study using Adderall. I don't really feel compelled to use it, but I was wondering if anyone has experience with nootropics and if adderall and Modafinil have real benefits.
>>
>>8557778
I think there is on PSP.
Classic Board Games and some iq test game I don't remember the title
>>
>>8557778
Full contact Jetan. See The Chessmen of Mars for a good description.
>>
By "game" do you mean simulation? Are you referring to some outcome of a randomly fair competition for motivation?

Why don't you just work out some common problems you might encounter in something you are interested in? Why does it have to be structured as a game?
>>
>>8557778
No you god damn manchild.
>>
use the oldest & most safe nootropic piracetam.
people report nootropic effects from small amounts of kratom aswell
>>
>>8557778
brood war
>>
>>8557778
Probably one of the MOBAS.

1. Memory: You must remember each of the playables' moves and their effects, as well as the gear that amplifies different playstyles, team comps, and movesets. You must also remember the common strategies that will give you a win, and the counter strategies to that, ad infinitum.

2. Reaction: Obviously the reaction of seeing someone else act, and acting appropriately in response.

3/4. Intelligence is almost impossible to display in a standard video game today, but is essentially strategy. Can you out-think your opponent or other team? Are you better at planning, executing, etc. Can you see the advantages/disadvantages and act appropriately so as to attain victory?

Most vidya at the competitive scene today have what you want.

>Intelligence
Unfortunately this is almost impossible to define, let alone test in a game.

Other game types like starcraft, and even to an extent stuff like CSGO require it, it's just some have stronger biases in each field that others.
>>
>>8557778
Victoria II.
>>
>>8557778
I don't know... chess?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iD5kF7HLgeM
>>
Animal Crossing
>>
File: vivec__the_dual_god_by_rancher8.jpg (349KB, 600x1000px) Image search: [Google]
vivec__the_dual_god_by_rancher8.jpg
349KB, 600x1000px
>>8558270
Not much can be abstracted from Chess and applied to the real world.
>>
>>8558267
Victoria II is nothing more than voodoo economics.
>>
>>8558291
>not much can be abstracted from handwriting and applied to the real world
>>
>>8558479
What does that mean? You tell me how much has been taken from chess that's been broadly applicable, and hasn't been restricted to the domain of recreational mathematics.
>>
>>8557778

Quake Live
>>
>>8558291

You can abstract your paycheck once you win a tournament in chess and apply into your wallet.
>>
>>8558525
>Quake Live
This and any randomized bullet hell game.
>>
>>8557778
Age of empires 2 hd on steam.
Every game is different and you need to react on unpredictable situations. every unit has a counter and there are a lot of different strategies for winning a game. It uses the elo rating system, this makes sure you play against same level players.
>>
What about overwatch?
>>
>>8558553
This
Thread posts: 25
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.