[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Mech. Eng student here. Are these actually good, or just a meme?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 1

File: 1469242936942.jpg (168KB, 974x498px) Image search: [Google]
1469242936942.jpg
168KB, 974x498px
Mech. Eng student here. Are these actually good, or just a meme?

Should I buy or torrent?
>>
You should go to library.
Best books are the one you actually read.
>>
>>8557531
Those are weird titles for a book about algebra, analysis or topology so my guess is that they are memes.
>>
>>8557531
Is the mechanics book good?

How much does it cover beyond a calculus-based college intro course to mechanics?
>>
>>8557582
Physics is essentially a useless field and is better thought of as a rather trivial tiny subset of applied mathematics
>>
>>8557587
I don't understand why the field of physics has its own department

Neither the real or complex fields do
>>
>>8557587

Mathematics is essentially just a trivial subset of applied logic. Math AND physics should be taught in philosophy departments.
>>
>>8557531
just stop OP, get your shit together, graduate and then read what the fuck you want
>>
mathfags really ruin any attempt at discussion of any other field here in /sci/
>>
I have the mechanics book. The book probably won't be a replacement for any other mechanics book, it requires some knowledge on intro mechanics (statics, forces, kinematics, moments, dynamics, rotation and so forth..). However it's not graduate or senior level of mechanics.

The problems themselves are pretty nice, they usually have drawings to every one and not too difficult, but not too hard either (as far as I can tell). They're mostly algebra based, with calculus involved if needed (like inertia).

The text itself is alright explaining concepts, it provides derivations of formulas. Provides an example problem that you might find similar to the problems in the back.

I would only get the book for the problems. If you're looking to learn mechanics from this book I'd look else where, and if you're looking to get to more advanced mechanic's get Taylor's book on Classical Mechanics.
>>
>>8557740
Brainlet
>>
>>8557607
No its not you ignorant retard.
>>
>>8557740
Maybe if engineers, cockputer scientists didnt act like their fields were difficult, then we wouldnt mock them
>>
>>8557796
>I would only get the book for the problems. If you're looking to learn mechanics from this book I'd look else where, and if you're looking to get to more advanced mechanic's get Taylor's book on Classical Mechanics.

That's the point of Engineering Mechanics courses. Practicing grinding problems after a freshman mechanics course.
>>
>>8557740
This. Delusional all the while being useless. They're like the WE WUZ of /sci/.
>>
>>8557531
Dover books are all usually pretty good quality. And cheap.
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.