[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

continuum hypotheses

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 3

File: trippingonacid.jpg (15KB, 320x180px) Image search: [Google]
trippingonacid.jpg
15KB, 320x180px
hello? [math]\mathbb{Q}[/math], anyone? are matematicians so busy circlejerking they fail to see the obvious?
it's clear that the set of all fractions is bigger then the integers, but also smaller then the reals (almost every number is irrational)
>>
Q is bigger, what's your point?
>>
File: rationals-countable.gif (12KB, 499x352px) Image search: [Google]
rationals-countable.gif
12KB, 499x352px
>>8557166
>it's clear that the set of all fractions is bigger then the integers
false
>>
>>8557166
>pretending to not know Q is countable
Either retard or b8
>>
No you moron OP, the answer is [math]\mathbf N \,\cup\, \left\{ -1 \right\}[/math].
>>
>>8557171
something stinks here, 1/2 = 2/4 = 3/6 =..., so that would mean you're counting ALL the numbers infinitely often, but that can obviously can't be done in |N| steps
>>
>>8557189
He's skipping those m8.
>>
>>8557196
>claims rations are countable
>but skips a bunch of them
I heard enough
>>
>>8557201
you can not skip them if you want. that means you're counting numbers infinitely often, and still you're counting all of them! so N is bigger than Q! wowie!
>>
>>8557201
but 1/2 = 2/4

Those are the same rational number so it makes sense to skip 2/4

Also, why are we even having this discussion. The diagonal argument is a meme. Go google a fucking bijection from N to Q and see it for yourself you troll.
>>
>>8557201
I really love this bait.
>>
I know this is bait but people often fail to realise that [math]\mathbb{Q}[/math] is only a set of equivalence classes. [math]\mathbb{Q}:=(\mathbb{Z\times Z})/\sim[/math] where [math](a,b)\sim (c,d) \text{ iff } ad=bc[\math].
>>
>>8557466
Fuck. [math]\mathbb{Q}:=(\mathbb{Z\times Z})/\sim[/math] where [math](a,b)\sim (c,d) \text{ iff } ad=bc[/math].
>>
>>8557471
And of course it's [math](\mathbb{Z}\times\mathbb{Z}\setminus \{0\})/\sim[/math] but who the fuck cares nobody is going to read this im going to sleep
>>
>>8557166
hope all mathematicians die, especially that "intrigued passionate" math asshole. bet he is such a dickhead irl i mean look at his fuckign face giving those fake smiles
>>
>>8557189
Obvious?
Try to do this. Count the numbers up, but every time you reach a new number you go back to 1.

1,1,2,1,2,3,1,2,3,4,1,etc.

Oh shit, I am counting all numbers infinitely often. We'll, I guess math is broken and I should go study art history.
>>
>>8557166
Mythmaticians truly are a retarded breed. They fail to see the incoherence in mythmatics. Who knows if it is out of incompetence or if they are that deathly afraid of saying "Yup, I wasted my time studying this horse shit. Didn't even bother to check if it was coherent!" I think it's a mixture of both. Don't bully them too hard. Let them play in their autistic sandbox. It'll be exposed pretty soon anyway.
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.