[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Meditation

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 2

File: meditation.jpg (78KB, 958x716px) Image search: [Google]
meditation.jpg
78KB, 958x716px
What does /sci/ think of meditation?

Does it actually improve you in the ways people claim it does?

Can meditation improve your cognitive functioning in a way that helps you learn new things more effectively?

Do you meditate?
>>
>>8556508
I have anxiety so meditation has been a godsend for me. I don't know if I would go so far to say that it improves overall cognitive functioning but it definitely has some mental health benefits.

I think the key isn't that meditation "improves" you but it teaches you how to deal with stress. Less stress is going to have a number of benefits.

I haven't been meditating every day like I used to because school has gotten in the way. I still use the mindfulness techniques and grounding methods to reel myself in almost daily though. I have to walk to most of my classes so I often do it then and focus my attention on the present. I've calmed myself down very quickly in stressful situations too thanks to my strengthened ability to control my focus.
>>
I have MDd and ADs gave me rash, so it's my only remedy. Fucking hell.
>>
>>8556508
It gave me the ability to levitate and communicate with forest wildlife
>>
>>8556515
Do you follow particular tutorials?
>>
>>8556548
I can levitate my dick
>>
>>8556570
Me too :D
>>
>>8556508
It didnt noticably improve shit for me, but it had a weird side effect. I used to do about 30 minutes of mindfulness meditation before going to sleep.

After doing that, I would remember my dreams crystal clear each morning. Waking up and clearly remembering like 2 hours of dreaming is really draining, feels like youve been awake all night so I eventually stopped meditating.
>>
>>8556785
Then do it at a different time...
>>
>>8556794
no
>>
>>8556508
>What does /sci/ think of meditation?

normie meme

>Does it actually improve you in the ways people claim it does?

placebo

>Can meditation improve your cognitive functioning in a way that helps you learn new things more effectively?

placebo

>Do you meditate?

when I want to astral project my body into the 11th dimension, I do meditate.
>>
>>8556801
>when I want to astral project my body into the 11th dimension, I do meditate.
LOL
Well memed.
>>
>>8556801
>muh normies

You do realize that /sci/ is the most normie board on 4chan, correct?
>>
>>8556817
Nah, that would be vr. That's a normie fucking shithole right there, complete with tyrannical psyudo-helping jans on pms.
>>
>>8556785
That's pretty cool, anon. What's the craziest shit that happened to you in a dream?
>>
There's been plenty of studies showing benefits from meditation but none that really are able to factor out the placebo effect since there's no set way you have to meditate.

However, there was a study that showed meditation focusing on what they called "The goodness of mankind" increased activity in part of the right pre frontal cortex whose activity has been positively correlated with overall lifetime happiness in other studies.
>>
>>8556801
>assuming it's placebo and implying that placebo isn't good enough
/sci/ is surprisingly dumb as for a board that is supposed to be about science.
>>
File: hng.jpg (83KB, 790x1560px) Image search: [Google]
hng.jpg
83KB, 790x1560px
>>8558401
What are you getting at
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.