[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

So I was thinking about buying the complete fyneman lectures,

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 1

So I was thinking about buying the complete fyneman lectures, the whole box set is like 100 dollars in a slip case with hardcovers. I recently saw that the lectures were released online, and although I don't even know algebra, it seems like there's explanations of the theories, and there's a lot of theories that are covered in his lectures. I was thinking that maybe I could still understand the gist of what he's saying, and then somewhere down the line be able to understand what he's saying a bit better once I learn at least algebra, which I am working my way up to right now (albeit slowly. I am currently trying to work out how to divide fractions, so I have a ways to go before algebra and physics). However, I'm not sure if the physics text books that I see posted about here on lit would be a better option if I wanted to get a better understanding of physics. I seem to be in a difficult place, in that I am extremely fascinated with physics, but I am incredibly terrible at math.
>>
>>8554152
feynman*
>>
>>8554152
It's a good series. Is more of a philosophical reflection on math and science at the time than a useful physics class.
>>
>>8554194
Really? Look at all the subjects it covers. http://www.feynmanlectures.caltech.edu/
>>
>>8554152
I'm getting this for Christmas.
>>
>>8554152
>although I don't even know algebra

You have to be over 18 to be here, kid.
>>
Can you understand his lectures without algebra?
>>
>>8554713
No
>>
>>8554152
It's a good intro to physics for the curious high school student.
>>
>>8554848
really?
>>
gas the jews
>>
>>8554199
My bad. Thought it was just his messenger lectures.
>>
>>8554994
Yes dumbarse
>>
I received these as an award in college and occasionally skim through them. If you want to pursue science as a hobby to fuck with in your freetime or to discuss with others in a semi-intelligent fashion, then they're great. If you actually want to learn the physics, get a few undergraduate textbooks and read them with a pencil and notebook at the ready. Work through problems too. I'll frequently read a section of a book and think that I totally understand what's going on only to have that illusion shattered after trying to apply the knowledge to a textbook exercise. This is a common phenomenon, so if you aren't trying to apply the knowledge, you probably aren't learning much.
>>
>>8554152
How does it feel to be dumber than a 6th grader?
>>
>>8556149
What textbooks are the most basic?
>>
>>8556166
Schaum's outlines of Physics.
>>
i would buy those in a heart beat for 100 bucks

in kangaroo land that set costs nearly $400
>>
>>8559899
Still good. Everyone in Australia seems to be rich enough.
>>
>>8559899
>paying for free shit
>>
>>8556132
Yes?
Thread posts: 21
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.