[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How to get into better schools for Computer Engineering

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 1

File: download.png (4KB, 211x239px) Image search: [Google]
download.png
4KB, 211x239px
CE uses both science and mathematics and adv is retarded so this is the relevant and the correct board for this post.

I got a 1230 on the new sat last March, which I know is shit. I was trying to be a Normie, wasn't reading, and was smoking weed and drinking. I stopped that stuff, and took the SAT again in November with minimal studying, just for shits and giggles to see if I wasn't retarded, and got a 1450. I want to go to school for CE. The thing is, I had shitty scores when I was applying to colleges so I picked pic related, a mediocre state school with a mediocre engy school. I got accepted immediately for a major in CE, and got a 10k scholarship. I accepted the admission, but not the scholarship, yet. After accepting I found out I actually wasn't retarded and that I had got a 1450 on the November sat(as previously stated). Now it is November, most smart kids know where they are going and scholarship money is running out. I can't just go to a community college for a year because they don't offer CE. How do I get out of this shitty school? Should I apply for a better school immediately, before I even revoke my acceptance of admission(if that is even possible)? Seriously /sci/, please help me out, I don't want to become another shitty state school brainlet.

TLDR; I need to figure out how to revoke my acceptance of admission into a shitty state school so that I can go to a better college. Pls help.
>>
Just go/call to the admissions office and tell them that you no longer want to be accepted/enrolled into the university. Apply to a better state school in the likes of University of Texas. Texas A&M. If they don't accept you just get your generals done at a Community College and transfer to a better program. Idk how it works in Texas but in my state if you have a high enough ACT the school will have a tuition waver for you if you have a high enough score though. If all else fails just stay there to get your generals done and transfer.
>>
>>8553287
/adv/ is retarded but that isn't the point.
>>
>>8553287
>http://catalog.unt.edu/preview_program.php?catoid=3&poid=478&returnto=162

The biggest problem is that it moves SLOWLY (2 programming in C++ classes, followed by 2 data structure classes, and then algorithms) and low requirements (No DEs, Modern Physics, Electronics II, OS, or Numerical Analysis). If you take a lot of electives and self study, you can make up for it though.

>I need to figure out how to revoke my acceptance of admission into a shitty state school so that I can go to a better college

Call them up and ask to delay admission by a year. It happens quite often. Many kids use the time to study, work and save up, travel, try to switch schools or get scholarships, etc.
>>
It's too late in the cycle to apply to UT and A&M; You can try applying to UTD, Texas Tech, or even Rice. You can also just take the scholarship at UNT, spend a couple of semesters, and transfer out later. not all hope is lost anon
>>
>>8553287

And yeah it should be pretty simple to revoke acceptance, it should be on the application portal or just call them up.
>>
This thread was moved to >>>/adv/17877283
Thread posts: 7
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.