[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Naturally Occuring Fibonnaci Sequence

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 3

File: nautilus shell.jpg (57KB, 700x561px) Image search: [Google]
nautilus shell.jpg
57KB, 700x561px
Explain
>>
>>8552013
Looks like a vanilla spiral. Most ammonite spirals are not actually fibonnaci.
>>
>>8552021
>ammonite

(Nautilus too, sage)
>>
Jesus likes spirals
>>
>>8552013
The sphere is the smallest volume & shit
>>
>>8552052
Jesus mathfag confirmed

>died virgin
>put lots of fractals in nature
>put lots of cool Fibonnaci sequences
>put lots of symmetry everywhere
>makes every physical object behave in mathematically understandable way

Jesus is one of us
>>
>>8552077
>>died virgin
The feet washing was just a metaphor
>>
File: 40502.jpg (163KB, 700x1849px) Image search: [Google]
40502.jpg
163KB, 700x1849px
>>
My liberal acadamia artist popsci professor friend has said that he doesnt think things like geometry actual exist outside of ideas. Never prooved it though, so i dont believe him
>>
>>8552013
>Invent a pattern
>Try to fit everything to this pattern
>Find a close-enough match
>GUYS NATURE LOVES FIBONACCI
>>
>>8552013
Growth rate is proportional to current size. That means growth is exponential. Fibonacci is exponential. So things growing look like fibonacci.
>>
>>8552467
Is it not a pattern unless there's a 100% match?
>>
>>8553167
shut the fuck up
>>
>>8552292
>this post
Who even let you past highschool
>>
>>8552013
The reason you see the Fibonacci Sequence in nature is because it's effective, therefore evolution favoured it, just like how beenhives are made up of hexagons.
>>
>>8553176
Butt-cucked philosophy fag detected

Sorry pal you chose the wrong major. If you want to understand reality you don't go to the humanities department anymore. Now continue watching from the corner as we scientists and mathematicians use our robust methodologies to further reveal nature's dirtiest of secrets
>>
File: golden_number.jpg (29KB, 629x389px) Image search: [Google]
golden_number.jpg
29KB, 629x389px
>>8552013
>>
>>8553272
>Evolution works in mysterious ways.
>>
>>8554822
The real logic of evolution is
>it just werks
>>
>>8552013
Compulsory introductory material:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ahXIMUkSXX0
>>
In the leaves of plants it comes from the availability of nutrients. I'm not a biologist, but I can sketch a rough argument for you. Leaves grow where the most nutrients are available. One bud sucks up all of the nutrients around it and so the next bud grows further away. This pattern of growth gives Fibonacci spirals. It isn't that mysterious and it frequently "fucks up" and you get patterns like Lucas numbers.
>>
>>8552240
DAYUM, fedora fags BTFO
>>
>>8554856
>One bud sucks up all of the nutrients around it and so the next bud grows further away.
No.
Technically, that's how it works, but the signal is a different one, not nutrients. It's regulated genetically.

It probably evolved that way because it maximizes number of leaves in a given space for light absorption (and the maximum of seeds that can be packed into a given space in case of a sunflower for example).

In other cases, >>8552476 although it's often a logarithmic spiral.
>>
>NATURAL OCCURING TRANSCENDETAL NUMBER PI!
>>
>>8554889
Thanks bro. I was hoping more people would chime in. That's why I called it a sketch and knew it wasn't quite right.
>>
>What is pareidolia
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pareidolia
>>
>>8554895
this, basically

but also, fibonacci sequences are essentially just recursive sequences. An object being equal to the combination of its precursors. This isn't like, a miracle or something. It's just cool looking. Like fractals. What, are trees with leaves NATURALLY OCCURRING BINARY SEARCH TREES?

>>8554891 is far more pressing
>>
>>8552013
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_GkxCIW46to
>>
Giving thanks
Thread posts: 29
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.