[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Hey /sci/, Environmental engineering technologist student here.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 6

File: IMG_0517.jpg (57KB, 463x538px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0517.jpg
57KB, 463x538px
Hey /sci/,

Environmental engineering technologist student here. I'm wondering what the general concerns us and opinion is here of Nuclear energy in general and Thorium in particular.

From the research I've done it seems like the best possible energy source, but Thorium reactors are held back from a more general fear of Nuclear energy and its potential hazards.

All opinions are welcome, I'm just seeking greater understanding here.
>>
It seems like you're just another mindless drone repeating what the lobby tries to propagate. Your "reasearch" probably consits of reading 2 pages on wikipedia after watching some video from Reddit.
I hope you're just a naive 18 year old freshman and not literally retarded.
>>
>>8546878
Wow. Very helpful. Do you have any data too back up that smug attitude or are you just being a faggot for fun?
>>
File: 1472091774639.jpg (48KB, 500x486px) Image search: [Google]
1472091774639.jpg
48KB, 500x486px
>>8546842
>Environmental engineering technologist

NAIT? SAIT? SIAST? Unfortunately the only thing awaiting you is unemployment
>>
>>8546878
>It seems like you're just another mindless drone repeating what the lobby tries to propagate.
>>
>>8546842

Env. Science major here.
Classical fission reactors are safer than the public at large believes, but aren't without their potential hazards.

We can blame the Fukushima disaster on local geospheric instability, increased tsunami-risk, but there are no shortage of case studies where operational error is the leading cause (eg. Three Mile Island, Chernobyl).

That aside, don't let anyone tell you your degree isn't valuable. The human story is one of adaptation and improvisation. The world needs you now more than ever.
>>
>>8547785
>Fukushima
>disaster
Give me a break. Nobody died. Hell, no one even got sick. But you fags make it sound like all of Japan now looks like Fallout 4.

Even Chernobyl is drastically overblown. Fun fact, only one reactor at Chernobyl melted down. The other 3 stayed in operation for years afterwards. The last one wasn't shut down until the early 2000's. If Chernobyl was really that big of a deal, they would not have been able to operate the rest of the plant. Basically, unless you're a total retard and go sniff the Elephant's Foot, Chernobyl is safe.
>>
File: heres your You.gif (1021KB, 500x274px) Image search: [Google]
heres your You.gif
1021KB, 500x274px
>>8547794
>literally arguing semantics
>>
>>8547805
"Semantics" is the meaning of words. All arguments are arguments about semantics.

Fukushima was not a disaster; it was a fantastic success. The plant was hit by both an earthquake and a tsunami, and still did suffer a catastrophic meltdown.

The problem at Three Mile Island was barely worth a footnote on a technician's log.
>>
>>8547794
>fallout 4
>fallout
Pick one.
>>
>>8546842
>general concerns us
Okay ((you)) made me laugh
>>
File: fukushima.jpg (634KB, 730x508px) Image search: [Google]
fukushima.jpg
634KB, 730x508px
>>8547805
Semantics is the meaning of words.
It's not unreasonable to call the Fukushima incident a disaster.
It's true that the human casualties could've been much greater, but there are still long-term implications at play which we don't yet fully understand.
>>
>>8547826
>It's true that the human casualties could've been much greater, but there are still long-term implications at play which we don't yet fully understand.
No there aren't.

Also, your image has nothing to do with Fukushima.
>>
>>8547199
>Being a faggot for fun
Where do u think you are
>>
>>8547826
>It's true that the human casualties could've been much greater
As in, greater than zero?
>>
File: IMG_1500.jpg (32KB, 537x531px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1500.jpg
32KB, 537x531px
>>8548796
>where do u think you are
>u think you are
>u think you
why
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.