[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

sup /sci/ wondering if anybody has heard of a way to clean out

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 1

File: DoIXxiY.gif (2MB, 260x260px) Image search: [Google]
DoIXxiY.gif
2MB, 260x260px
sup /sci/

wondering if anybody has heard of a way to clean out your lungs after quitting smoking. tried to google it but got a bunch of naturopathic BS

Also,
>things you should have known better general

>regularly (over around a year) did speed and ecstasy with new girlfriend
>only read afterwards about MDMA and meth neurotoxicity
>pretty sure I'm stupider now
>>
>>8546719
I know plenty of people who are very aware it makes you stupider and they couldn't care less. Why do you?

Also, as far as I know you can't clean out your lungs. Again, they don't care about this either, why do you? You're going to die anyway.
>>
Emphysema is when your alveoli are permanently impaired due to their shape changing so they're less effective in getting oxygen into your blood. It is not simply having smoke in them, they can't be cleaned off.
>>
>>8546719
Do a lot of cardio. Your lungs start healing the day you quit smoking. It just takes time. I was unaware MDMA had acute neurotoxicity. I always attributed my decline in abstract reasoning to heavy LSD use.
>>
>>8546751
This right here, anon. Can confirm. I've quit twice once for 3 years. On that time I ran regularly and after about a month of quitting and running I hocked up the nastiest purple and black looking monstrosity anyone ever saw. The 2ND time which is 2 years going, no cardio and nothing of the sort has happened
>>
>>8546743
>it makes you stupider [...] Why do you care?
Well, mostly because finishing my BSc. made me painfully aware of the fact that I wasn't as exceptionally smart as I felt I was in high school. I'm trapped doing physics now and the field is pretty fucking competitive. Since I don't actually have any neurons to spare I'm a little upset at myself for being so cavalier. Also, I did them way more often than I should have. I would still do it once every few months, but it used to be multiple times a week.

>You're going to die anyway.
That was actually my attitude when I started. Unfortunately, I used to be very fit and now I'm in piss shape and the smoking makes it worse so that's why I ask. I could care less if I died at 60 but I'd like to pilot a highly-functioning vessel until then.
>>
>>8546764
You can also smoke some weed once in awhile because its an expectorant. I don't because I would usually have a cigarette after doing that. I'm vaping now and can tell my lungs are happier, one of the reasons I quit was the smoker hack but mostly cost.
>>
>>8546764
Sweet, that's all I need to know. I understand it's not a 100% recovery but I just want to get some of that shit out of my lungs.
>>
>>8546719
I don't think you can really do anything, but wait for natural healing of your lungs.

The effects of nicotine should disappear after a week or so already. Physical addiction disappears, resting heart rate should decrease about 10 points and blood pressure should get better too.
You will notice actual healing after about 1 month after quitting and then it gets better from there. You might start coughing up mucus, which is a sign that your lung cilia are starting to work again. You should be back to non-smoker health after about 10 years.

Unless you get cancer of course.
>>
garlic to reduce inflammation

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC139960/

your endothelial cells continually replace cilia so in about 2 weeks your lungs should have cleared themselves of detritus, however incompletely burned carbon compounds will likely be trapped in your lungs forever

cardio will cause your body to adapt allowing better inflation/deflation of the lungs and increase your red blood cell count raising blood oxygen and alleviating the symptoms a bit
>>
>>8546719
1.Let your lungs clear them selves out
2. Eat Healthily and Exercise Regularly
3. Supplement with Serripeptide :^)
>>
>>8547557
Serrapeptase not Serripeptide
>>
>>8546719
>regularly (over around a year) did speed and ecstasy with new girlfriend
>only read afterwards about MDMA and meth neurotoxicity
>pretty sure I'm stupider now
Source? I was looking into trying MDMA with my girlfriend (non-regularly)
>>
>>8547619
As long as you don't roll every fucking day you'll be fine. Take 5HTP before and after if you're super paranoid.
>>
>>8547560
>Serrapeptase not Serripeptide

Serra-n-peptididlypepactinodindonuffindiditase not Serripeptolbismol
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoin at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Posts and uploaded images are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that website. If you need information about a Poster - contact 4chan. This project is not affiliated in any way with 4chan.