[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Subconscious calculations?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 2

File: download.jpg (13KB, 234x216px) Image search: [Google]
download.jpg
13KB, 234x216px
I've only been setting my alarm to 6AM for the past 2 weeks and I've noticed something very strange.

Somehow I feel completely conscious throughout my sleep and because of that I always wake up just seconds before the alarm goes off at 6:25 on the dot.

I'm not even joking. I literally wake up before it goes off by SECONDS. Is there any neurological or psychological reason for this?
>>
>>8543727

You don't, you are just not aware of the very first sound that leads to your wake up. Also,takes a bit of time for your brain to process information like the sound of the alarm bell during your wake up.
>>
>>8543727
>>8543762

It's basically "Brain lag". The information you need to realize that it was indeed the alarm that woke you up is simply missing
>>
I am experiencing a similar thing, i always wake up a minute or two before the alarm whatever the time i set it to is, i'm sure that it's not the alarm that wakes me up because i get up and it hasn't set off yet.
>>
Iunno. Guess you're just weird like that. I know someone who hasn't had a dream almost for as long as he can remember. He just goes to sleep and then wakes up the next moment in the morning as if no time had passed. Just as if he had gone under and then come to. But that's just because he's been smoking weed hardcore since he was 12.
>>
>>8543727
You seriously should record yourself.
A webcam would do it.
>>
>>8543727
I experience very similar phenomenom when on the same consistant wake up schedule. It's bizzare. Sometimes I sit there with my eyes open and literally can say "my alarm is about to go off" right before it does so.
>>
>>8543889

well your brain does control your sleep cycles doesnt it and can probably time quite well when you tend to/should fall asleep and wake up.

i would suspect that what people do describe does happen e.g. waking up minutes before the alarm, but probably not as much as you think; just the memory of when it does sticks out alot more. just how your brain biases your memory.
>>
>>8543727
>>8543882

>and live stream it!
>>
>>8543727
Subconscious calculations ~ Neural Nets ~ Waking up before clocks ~ "neural muscle memory"

I'd support the research.
>>
I've experienced this as well, and I've heard rumors of people who can will themselves to wake up at a certain time just by thinking about it as they go to sleep. Maybe it could be that we can accurately calculate time in our head, sortof like calculating physics as you pass a ball back and forth.
>>
Your grandfathers never told you about this? Before going to sleep, you repeat
>6 O'clock
>6 O'clock
>6 O'clock
>>
>>8543727
Pretty much the same thing happened to me yesterday.

>borderline asleep/awake for a few minutes.
>suddenly have the feeling that the alarm will go off (at the other way of the room so I couldn't possibly check)
>count from 3 to 0 and tap with my fingers
>3
>2
>1
>alarm goes off

Somewhat weird but at several occasions I managed to predict accurately very specific things a few seconds in advance.
>>
>>8543727
This happens to me when I know I have to get up for something at a certain time.
>>
To everyone talking about how this has happened to them, it's probably fucking normal. Our consciousness and unconsciousness interacts in many more ways than we can even notice. It wouldn't surprise me if that were the case too for something like our formal perception of time and the way our body keeps track of it. Also, a lot of this shit is probably biased as fuck. For instance, what if you were waking up a lot of times and simply remembered that one time when the alarm actually went off, which will be every time because otherwise you would just go back to sleep and not even remember doing that retarded "muh precise biological clock" thing you did.
>>
File: sermon_endtimes[1].gif (117KB, 670x306px) Image search: [Google]
sermon_endtimes[1].gif
117KB, 670x306px
>>8543727
>Circadian fucking rhythms exist
>Basic metabolic functions
>But forget all that
>HURR DURR AM I CALCULATING SUBCONSCIOUSLY THROUGH CAPESHIT MUTANT POWERS GIVEN BY ALIENS WHO VISITED ATLANTIS VIA TIME TRAVEL AND WHO ARE TAKING OVER THE WORLD WITH THE SECRET HELP OF SASQUATCH, THE LIZARDS AND CHUPACABRA DURRR?!?!

Oh Jesus Christ, please help us all
>>
>>8543727
>Setting alarm for 6AM
>Alarm goes off at 6:25
>>
>>8543727
This happens to me a lot as well, it completely normal.

I uslay wake up about 5 minutes before my alarm time.
>>
>>8543889
What is Pavlov's dogs. Your alarm clock conditioned you.
>>
>>8543727
What is circadian rhythm
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.