[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

A medical question for you peeps. Over the past 6 or so years,

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 1

File: claritin.jpg (83KB, 600x419px) Image search: [Google]
claritin.jpg
83KB, 600x419px
A medical question for you peeps.

Over the past 6 or so years, I have had between 10 and 25 warts on my hands, depending on the time. Some died, others formed later, and some I have had for the past 6 years altogether.

During this long amount of time, I have tried everything from tea tree oil, to duct tape, to cryotherapy (the only one that actually worked). About 4 months ago, I took Claritin for the first time to prevent some seasonal allergies, and all of a sudden most of my warts started to dry up and die. To further back this up, I quit taking the Claritin for about a month, and the ones that were left stopped drying up and stayed. After taking the Claritin again, I have had several more die.

I have looked everywhere for research documents on allergy medicine helping prevent or treat warts, and absolutely nothing comes up. Does anybody here have any experience with this or know something that I am missing? Is there a possibility that the Claritin is helping to kill the warts?
>>
Perhaps you're allergic to something in the air and the claratin helps that?
>>
>>8543034
What is odd is that the warts will form in areas that get wounded, like papercuts or scratches that drew blood.
>>
>>8543020
Shit, you know I think I might actually know.
So the chemical in claritin is some lipid that is basically in the same category as accutane. Accutane can treat not just regular acne, but its good for really weird skin shit. Like sebaceous cysts and stuff like that. So that could be it. I'm in bed ill check my notes on this tomorrow
>>
>>8543093
Based bio major
>>
Bump
Interesting find op, I had like 12 warts on my hand growing up (yes middle school sucked) and the only way I got rid of them was by cutting down to the root and vigorously cleaning with alcohol until it stopped growing back.
I still got one left maybe I can give it a test
>>
>>8543039
how is that odd?
Warts are a viral infection of the outer layers of epidermis. the outermost layer is dead cells / callus and isn't alive and thus cannot be infected. It only stands to reason that an easy route of entry would help infections to form in that spot.
Thread posts: 7
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.