[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Physics exam

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 4

File: image.jpg (125KB, 750x1042px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
125KB, 750x1042px
Holy fuck /sci/ I have to study for a 12 chapter cumulative physics exam tomorrow and I am required to know how to correctly utilize all of the equations in pic related.

How fucked am I? How do I efficiently study for this shit?
>>
File: image.jpg (95KB, 747x1029px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
95KB, 747x1029px
Also all of these too
>>
O comon, many of these are painfully obvious uf you paid attention. Just memorize the ugly ones you weak faggot.
>>
>>8542302
I took my physics 2 test yesterday, and I was severely fucked. Good luck.
>>
>>8542318
No shite, I can plug in numbers as easily as the next guy but here's the twist
We have to know how to derive some of these too. Like using amperes and maxwells law to find different components of magnetic field. Using Coulomb's law to find different components of electric field. It's difficult to memorize how the prof wants us to do all of these integrations.

The integrations are what fucks everyone over and there's so many of them that we MIGHT be expected to know. This class has been a train wreck of an experience since day 1
>>
>>8542321
Thanks /sci/ bro, I'll report back if this thread isn't 404 by the time I'm done
>>
>>8542302
Mine today was 22 chapters. Open book. My guidesheet was literally like 3 or 4 concepts.
>>
>>8542302
These lists are a useless waste of time. They're only helpful as you're reading thru the chapters.
If you can't immediately recognize that, you're gonna be repeating the course next semester. This shit's not about knowledge, it's about maturity.
>>
File: ohoho neil.png (242KB, 387x247px) Image search: [Google]
ohoho neil.png
242KB, 387x247px
>>8542333
maybe stop being a memorization monkey and actually learn the purpose behind the math you're doing
>>
>>8542537
So much this. Op learn what youre looking at, dont just regurgitate formulas
>>
>>8542333
>This class has been a train wreck of an experience since day 1

The class is doing its job of weeding out brainlets like you.
>>
>>8542302
Make you're own cheat sheet
Compare with the equation sheet
>>
There are only four equations you need desu
>>
OP here
So I most definitely understand the majority of the topics in the class and the integrations make sense, but in order to do them it's essential to know many different relations that aren't provided and that's where the memorization comes in and makes everything difficult. That's where my trouble arises.
>>
>>8542302
Are these pages from a textbook? Who's the author?
>>
>>8542671
I believe our professor puts it together
>>
>>8542302
>Holy fuck /sci/ I have to study for a cumulative physics exam tomorrow and I am required to know physics
>>
>>8542674
Fuckstain, I'm referring to the amount of material we are required to know.
>>
>>8542302
Because I took a physics final today without using a ridiculous sheet like this, I'm just going to start naming some of the ones I've never seen before but recognize their function by context cues. My class didn't touch electricity. Just for you OP:

Electric mechanical force*q==Force
Elec resistance==EmF*d(Area in direction of flow)
Volt=1/4pi(material's base elec pot)*q/distance r
Inertia=delta Volt / Radius of cord (inertia??)
Joule=I/A (Joule should be kg*m^2/s^2) (I=kg*m/s^2, therefore A must be 1/m??) === Elec mech force/p (density, rho)
>>
>>8542674
I know the theory like the back of my hand. Didn't help much for the final.
>>
If you are taking this class, don't worry they get much worse
>>
>>8542882
Personally, I've taken classes that are on paper way harder, yet gen. physics 1(especially) and 2 were way worse for me.
>>
>>8542854
Are you actually retarded?
>>
>>8542302
Do you have to memorize them all? Because that would suck. If not, then it doesn't look that bad. If you're bad at using equations, then I question why you're in a physics class (and presumably a math based science program).
>>
>>8542956
No. And that Inertia is equivalent to I=omega^2r^2
>>
>>8542992
Oh shit, impulse not inertia.
>>
File: image.jpg (982KB, 2956x2246px)
image.jpg
982KB, 2956x2246px
OP here with an update

Just got out of the physics exam and it was a hard "meh". It went well in parts but I blanked on some of the integrations. I took to heart when most of you said
>learn the material don't memorize it
>you're a memorization monkey
>actually know physics
So that's how I studied from then on. However there was an integration regarding a slice of the material which I didn't spend much time studying so that was my pitfall. Other than that it was just logical reasoning for the multiple choice and just some other easy manipulation a of phase diagrams and whatnot.

Thanks anons
Thread posts: 27
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.